Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nazimova

Tingling acne

:redface: Ok I have had cystic acne since about 2 years ago. It is mostly my right cheek , chin, and jawline. I have one specific area of my face that gets really nailed with acne... right next to my nose, on my right cheek. It is like I have 2 differentfaces. My question though is.... when I have a really big cystic pimple on my cheek, it tingles for the whole time it is there. It is so annoying. Does abyone else have this ? I cant find any information on the web... Edited by nazimova

My acne tingles, too. It's annoying as well. Like it not only hurts but it has to constantly tingle to remind of its presence at all times. :(

When you say "tingle", does it every get to the point where it itches?

I found that this type of acne is what I get when it's from a food allergy or fungal infection. So if I eat wheat/gluten (which I'm allergic to), the pimples I get itch and my whole face tingles. Sometimes it's red patches like Rosacea and sometimes it's cysts.

If it's not from food allergies, I find that I still sometimes get itchy pimples on my neck or jawline. I know that the ones on my neck (usually 1-3 spots) occur when my Tinea versicolor (fungus) flares up, usually due to warm weather or eating too much sugar (feeds the fungus). It starts out as an invisible itchy spot, and then raises into a pinkish/brown bump. It rarely comes to a head.

Now the final battle I'm trying to figure out is the cysts on my jawline. They also start as an itchy spot, sometimes red, and then hardens into a cyst. They itch the entire time, and usually come to a head after a week. When I use pure witch hazel extract it helps to bring it down temporarily and stops the itching, but by the end of the day it might flare up again. Witch hazel is anti-fungal, which makes my think it's part of the fungal thing. These types never go up past my jawline.

Hopefully I can figure out how to prevent them all together.

FYI - These itchy things are separate from regular comodone pimples, which I've had and they don't itch. I've also had cysts around my nose that don't itch at all, but they're inflamed and painful, so I know those are different.

^I had one like that..at first I thought it was a mosquito bite or an itch that goes down within an hour's time, so I scratched it and the more I scratched the harder and bigger it gets. The next day, it became a fully blown cyst, it was painful as hell. And I was horrified. One of the darkest periods of my life lol.

My t-zone acne tingles and itches constantly and it's not even that bad, I don't get cysts and nodules and not that many pustules. But it seems like every little black/whitehead is a curse to my baby skin.

Edited by Termolyt