Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MMQ

Need help. I don't even know what is the type of this acne I'm having :(

Dear friends,

Kindly see the attached picture and help me with the type of this acne. Firstly I do hope the picture can illustrate well enough though :|

I've been having those acne on my forehead for 1 week now and would like to be helped with what the most effective way would be to treat it.

I have tried using acne cleansing scrub labeled ERHA (local Indonesian dermatologist product which sadly I don't know what's the main ingredient is) and put the same labeled acne lotion with BP only on the acne. They start to peel off now and the skin around the acne (as you can see in the picture) is redden and a bit flaky.

Is it a normal stage to be in after such treatment? And what most important is how to minimize the redden, flake, and the inflaming effect I get now? Is it as simple as using a right moisturizer?

Many, many, and many more thanks, everyone!

MMQ

post-113533-1254323245_thumb.jpg

post-113533-1254323245_thumb.jpg

The flaking is from the BP, that part is normal as they dry out. From the picture they look a little oozy though, so you might be over-irritating them. It's going to be hard to say if you don't know what is in your facewash.

As for BP, if it's making you red, I believe it does that at first and then subsides, but you might look at what concentration of BP you are using, try to stay around 2.5%. That would probably decrease the redness.

Sorry I don't know a whole lot, but I hope that helps.

hey i was wondering that the acne lotion u had is also an ERHA brand? because actually i am using ERHA brand product also and I am having their Acne lotion as well. the thing is that I am running out of it and I am currently not living in indo but now i'm living in Australia.

If it is true that the acne lotion is from Erha and does contaain Benzoyl Peroxide in it, i might want to look for any acne cream/gel/lotion in Australia that contains the same ingredients .