Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GDF

Any pics of benzoyl peroxide allergy?

I just started the regimen, and I'm not sure if I have an allergy or not. I'm not sure what skin crusting is. Does anyone have a picture of someone who has an allergy to BP? Google images doesn't have much at all :confused:

Thanks!

Edited by GDF

I might be. Nothing real serious, but my forehead is bumpy, and I have a few small patches of small bumps around both cheeks, and a small area on my chin. I'm not real good at describing what it looks like, but I posted in another thread that it's kind of like Milia. I'm just guessing from a picture I saw.

There have been a few other posts from members that have experienced something similar to what you're describing. It doesn't sound like a BP allergy, but it may be a reaction to one of/some of the ingredients in the BP you're using.

What brand is the BP you use?

I use Dan's BP. I'm also using Dan's cleanser and moisturizer. Do you think it could be from using to much in those areas? I kind of caked it on my forehead, since my hair covers just about all of my forehead. I thought since nobody could see my forehead to begin with, I might as well use more than the recommended starting amount. I haven't been using much on my cheeks and chin, but maybe I didn't apply it well enough, and left it heavier in areas.

By the way, thanks for the help, c'est la vigne!!

Aww, no problem, it's what I'm here to do. : )

Try using less for a while and see if that helps. When you're first starting out, you're supposed to use a blob about the size of a large pea for your entire face. Rushing into using more can actually cause excessive dryness and irritation, which isn't good.

A few members also reported that they experienced small, grainy-feeling bumps when they used Dan's BP, and that switching to Neutrogena On The Spot seemed to help. So if using less of Dan's BP doesn't seem to be helping, you might want to give NOTS a shot.