Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjhdsa

so I get brown marks left over after ANY acne fades - suggestions?

so right now I used Dan's BP and AHA+ morning and night, after washing my face in the shower. I'm currently getting less breakouts, but i'm not sure if its because i've been on the Regimen for a couple months or if its because I'm taking doxycycline antibiotics (for about 1.5 months).

Does anyone else get brown instead of red hyperpigmentation after existing acne fades? It kinda sucks esp for me because I have light skin tone (asian) so the brown spots all over are more observable. And if you do have this problem / know someone else who does, what can I do to lighten these all-over brown spots and marks?

thanks

after acne, my redmarks are red first and then become brown. i'm using two things right now to help them fade: scarzone with salicylic acid and green tea extract, and scarcare vitamin e cream with onion bulb extract. but A LOT of people on this board have had success with a dilluted solution of apple cider vinegar (i think the ratio is 1:1 ACV and water). I'm going to try it soon--it's accessible and cheap!

ive tried loads of things for my pigmentation, with limited success. Ultimately, time is the only healer, but there are things you can do to speed up the process, such as peels.

atm, im using Meladerm; ive used it before without success, but this time im using it exactly as they instruct, and hopefully ill start seeing some results in the coming weeks.

If you've got any questions, please ask!

Years ago, I received a few peels at a doctor's office for hyperpigmentation and it definitely worked. I don't recall what kind of peels they were but now I'm considering doing a couple salicylic acid chemical peels at my physician's office to lighten the hyperpigmentation once again. Anyone have experience with this?

erinolive, how much did a peel procedure cost at the derm's office?

also, have you tried any at-home peels? i bought a bottle of this really strong salicyclic acid stuff (it burns a lot right when you put it on for a few minutes), and i'm reluctant to use it because i'm not sure if it'll make things worse.

thanks