Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snappy Jay

Taz... Initial Breakout

Okay, so i've been on Tazorac Cream 0.05 for ONE week now and my skin is OILYY and i have a lot of whiteheads. (More than i've ever had)

People are definitely starting to comment and i just tell them that i'm purging my skin.

So, big question...

is THIS the initial breakout?

or does it get worse?

on average how long is the initial breakout for Tazorac??

because i'm going to be going to Six Flags Fright Fest at the end of october and i want my face to have SOME improvement.

oh.. My complexion definitely looks a lot better .

The time frame for the IB varies... you might not get it too bad since it looks like you're also on an oral antibiotic. In general, it takes 3-4 months to see results from a retinoid, but you might have success a bit sooner with the aid of the antibiotic... it just depends on your acne.

The IB usually is usually the worst around 3-4 weeks in and 6-7 weeks in.

Good luck, don't give up :)

I'm about hitting the 3 - 4 week now and my skin seems to be doing better then when I first started, it's kinda red though, I also got lots of white heads and very oily skin, I think that the oily skin stays which I don't like very much I had friends comment to :( I'll add more later

I'm about hitting the 3 - 4 week now and my skin seems to be doing better then when I first started, it's kinda red though, I also got lots of white heads and very oily skin, I think that the oily skin stays which I don't like very much I had friends comment to :( I'll add more later

thx. (:

ii could use your advice since you're a few weeks ahead of me.

my skin is oily though but i'm sure it will get oiler.

and my white heads are crazy.

every morning, i woke up with like a billion .!

Taz.. you better work !

might be motivational for you ;)

I always read for a good success story...

The people that have success with retinoids are the ones that stick with 'em through the IB. Good luck!

yayy, a log !

i've been looking for one all over for Taz.

thank you soo much !

Hi Snappy Jay

How is your skin doing with the Tazorac?

I've looked through a bunch of Tazorac posts and I think you are one of the few people having the same reaction I'm having. Most people are complaining about bad peeling, but I actually haven't had that problem.

I started Tazorac maybe 7-8 weeks ago. My skin became really red, and whereas before when I first went to the derm I had 2 large spots of inflamed acne on my cheeks, now I have small hard whiteheads EVERYWHERE on my face.

It was bad around week 3-4 and then it got better around week 6 when I went to see the derm again. About a week after that checkup, it's worse than before. Hard small white bumps all over my face...

Did your initial breakout get better? How is everything going?