Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl1986

non surgical scar treatment

Having seen the possibilities of treatment of acne scars without surgical treatment I want to know what I could do as a home treatment that would help them become less noticeable.

My scars are all from my second course of Roaccutane in a time period of less than a year. They don't seem to penetrate deep into the skin as box scars or ice picks might do, but they are mainly spread across both cheeks and still very visible. When my skin is tightened they almost go disappear so I'm hoping that I could be fairy optimistic that I could treat them in some way without a huge bill at the end of it.

I'm taking vitamin e at the min which I know probably wont help with this problem but would a vitamin c help me considering my scars aren’t deep or even a vitamin c cream???

HEEELP!!

Having seen the possibilities of treatment of acne scars without surgical treatment I want to know what I could do as a home treatment that would help them become less noticeable.

My scars are all from my second course of Roaccutane in a time period of less than a year. They don't seem to penetrate deep into the skin as box scars or ice picks might do, but they are mainly spread across both cheeks and still very visible. When my skin is tightened they almost go disappear so I'm hoping that I could be fairy optimistic that I could treat them in some way without a huge bill at the end of it.

I'm taking vitamin e at the min which I know probably wont help with this problem but would a vitamin c help me considering my scars aren’t deep or even a vitamin c cream???

HEEELP!!

Topical vitamin A and C both help rebuild collagen. You won't see results quickly though, it takes about a year to notice improvement. I've been using Retin-A-Micro for about 9 months now with visible improvement and just started a vitamin C serum a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to go the non surgical route too. I'm gonna be patient and give these topicals some time and if I'm not happy with the results, I'm going to do Dermarolling. My scars are mild to moderate rolling and scarred pores.