Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne is not that bad of a condition to have. Be thankful for it. It won't last forever unless YOU get up every single day truly believing it will get worse. Instead try thinking that it can only get better. Most people won't have it forever so why care so much about it? Positive thinking really goes a long way. We're lucky that acne isn't terminal or anything. Some people with terminal illnesses stay so positive! How do they do it? Where did they get the strength to face their problem with so much positivity? If they can do it I, someone with acne, can too! I feel lucky that I won't die from it.

/endrant

Here's a little

for you all.

I hear that bro. I think about this too, and it's really never been a big bother to me. I've lived with acne for a while and sometimes it has sucked but overall I have been able to be myself for the most part. There are bigger and better things to worry about.

I am thankful that I do not have anything more serious, because we all know the multitude of illnesses, diseases and problems we could have been plagued with. Let's be happy :)

Guest Rocky666

That's easier said than done when we live in a society where looks and appearance is everything. You wanna know the difference between someone who has terminal illness and someone who has acne? People with acne have to get up everyday of their lives not knowing when this disease on their face and body will end and know that until it does they still have to get up day after day and do the daily commute, go to work, go to school, interact with other people and feel insecure, all the while having a shitty mood on the inside trying to make it seem better on the outside. A person with terminal illness knows that soon it'll be over and they're surrounded by family and friends just going over the good times, they don't have to do through what we go through. Sorry to sound like a bitch but it's true. Have you ever put two and two together how acne causes some ppl to commit suicide or wish they were dead. Acne is a horrible disease because there is no end once it's all over, you live on with the scars and the memories of it.

I would know I stayed cooped up in my house for an entire year because of acne, because I always had beautiful skin and I couldn't face the ppl I knew with the kind of skin I had at the time. That's what acne does to you.

So let's not make excuses or try to feel better about having acne, it's alright to be pissed and to be angry about it, sometimes the best way to deal with a situation is face on and with all the anger and bitterness you have inside, only after that can the healing process begin and you can get on track with what you need to do to take care of it.

That's easier said than done when we live in a society where looks and appearance is everything. You wanna know the difference between someone who has terminal illness and someone who has acne? People with acne have to get up everyday of their lives not knowing when this disease on their face and body will end and know that until it does they still have to get up day after day and do the daily commute, go to work, go to school, interact with other people and feel insecure, all the while having a shitty mood on the inside trying to make it seem better on the outside. A person with terminal illness knows that soon it'll be over and they're surrounded by family and friends just going over the good times, they don't have to do through what we go through. Sorry to sound like a bitch but it's true. Have you ever put two and two together how acne causes some ppl to commit suicide or wish they were dead. Acne is a horrible disease because there is no end once it's all over, you live on with the scars and the memories of it.

I would know I stayed cooped up in my house for an entire year because of acne, because I always had beautiful skin and I couldn't face the ppl I knew with the kind of skin I had at the time. That's what acne does to you.

So let's not make excuses or try to feel better about having acne, it's alright to be pissed and to be angry about it, sometimes the best way to deal with a situation is face on and with all the anger and bitterness you have inside, only after that can the healing process begin and you can get on track with what you need to do to take care of it.

I agree for the most part, although I'd rather have acne than a terminal disease.

But I totally agree that it's easier said than done. If I were happy and not so self-conscious about my acne, then I wouldn't go so far as to making an account on here or even visiting this website in the first place because why would I even do so if acne didn't bother me?

Guest Rocky666

I agree for the most part, although I'd rather have acne than a terminal disease.

But I totally agree that it's easier said than done. If I were happy and not so self-conscious about my acne, then I wouldn't go so far as to making an account on here or even visiting this website in the first place because why would I even do so if acne didn't bother me?

100% agree with you, Rocky. You shouldn't judge people or claim to know what it's like to live one's life until you've walked in their shoes. Acne can be very severe and drive some to commit suicide. It's truly a disheartening condition to have. My brother had severe cystic and nodular acne in high school and he had a very hard time getting out of bed. After Accutane, he is such a different guy and it just goes to show how having clear skin can save you.

I do understand where you're coming from, saying that we should be thankful that we aren't dying from cancer or whatnot. But no matter how little someone is suffering, from a paper cut to Graves' disease, we should try not to compare suffering.

Guest Rocky666

100% agree with you, Rocky. You shouldn't judge people or claim to know what it's like to live one's life until you've walked in their shoes. Acne can be very severe and drive some to commit suicide. It's truly a disheartening condition to have. My brother had severe cystic and nodular acne in high school and he had a very hard time getting out of bed. After Accutane, he is such a different guy and it just goes to show how having clear skin can save you.

I do understand where you're coming from, saying that we should be thankful that we aren't dying from cancer or whatnot. But no matter how little someone is suffering, from a paper cut to Graves' disease, we should try not to compare suffering.

Guest Rocky666
You can't ask people to shake off their problems because others have it worse. It's okay to be selfish and feel upset over your condition. There is nothing wrong with a desire for clear skin. There is a problem with allowing it to dominate your thoughts, and that's where you should seek professional help, or lean on your family and friends for support. I think acne brings a rare opportunity to see what you really are, and you can learn from every life experience you face. Positive thinking is powerful, but you won't find many people willing to go that route. Positive thinking for most is "I want to be clear now." We want to be put back to sleep and ignore the screaming from our soul that's begging us to listen, and stop being so fucking stubborn.

You won't be able to find a job in Hollywood or modeling because those industries are entirely based on physical appearance. They discriminate against people with unacceptable flaws. However, not every element of our society is controlled by appearance. I think we're the ones who perpetuate the acne stereotype the most. Nobody with acne demands to be accepted. Nobody demands respect from their peers. We hide in the closet and turn off the lights until our face clears, or when they say it's okay to come out. You do what you're told and refuse to argue with the bullshit principles. Fuck leading; I'll just stay indoors and let society dictate what I can do. I'll allow others to dictate my decision to pursue my goals, and I'll walk back in line until you say it's my turn.

I think in order to get what you want out of this "Acne Journey" you need to be proactiv and get your ass out there and find a way to help fix your situation, even if it's just a dent in your situation at least you're making an effort. Hiding away is not the answer.

Sometimes its not that people aren't proactive. Its that despite their best effort they still can't get any improvement. Its true that there are many other diseases thats worse than acne, and we cant really compare unless we have sat on both sides of the fence.

How many times have people complained about ppl being insensitive because they dun know how its like to have acne?

I wish i can see the wider perspective, but I simply cant because im too restricted by my own problems. Its the biggest thing for me. I dun care about other people's problems cos i cant even settle my own. This is not confined to myself, im pretty sure almost everyone is the same. Kinda give you the perspective on just about how much people care about our acne lol.

It's nice to hear something positive like the original posters. Yes it's depressing to get acne, and it does affect people's emotions and lives. But sometimes I do find comforts from looking at my acne in the positive way. I'm glad that at least the scar is not permanent like from some sort of bad accident (for me, they fade away pretty good in 3 months).

With a bit effort and make up, I can walk out the door, hanging out with friends who don't even notice I got really bad acne concealed underneath. I guess guys are having it worse, as they can't really put cosmetics on like a girl....

So yea, having acne is horrible, and I pray for clear skin every morning. But acne is something I can get over with and focus on other things in my life that's more important :)

Some excellent points have been made here, from both sides of the PoV.

I attribute mind set and ways of thinking to playing a big part in how people's acne journies differ. If you are starting a new regimen or medication then its important to be in the right frame of mind from the start and be open to progress. Otherwise your persistance will be weak and you are likely to give up after a short time if you dont see the results you were looking for. Also positivity is a great thing for the mind and can really help to relieve stress. If you believe that you are going to fight your acne and get that clear skin that you want then there is no reason that you shouldnt get it.

This is coming from someone that has had some major mental battles over the last few years. But ive learnt a lot about myself, how I tick and what keeps me going. Positivity has got me far in my life, especially through education. Its the hardest thing to keep focused on, but is such a pleasure when you do.