Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q_P

How much money per month do you spend on acne treatment?

Cost Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How much money do you spend on acne treatment per month?

• $0-25
    • $25-50
    • $50-75
    • $75-100
    • $100+

How much is clear skin worth to you? How much do you spend on gels and goops, facials, acne-safe food, supplements, dermatologists appointments and prescription medications each month? Is it your money or your parents'?

I've been trying to rationalize spending money on acne treatments that barely work when that money could be used in much better ways. It seems insane to have to spend over $40 a month for an indefinite period of time in order to get something resembling normal skin, and I'm starting to think it's not worth the cost.

Thoughts?

Guest Rocky666

Well for me every month I spend a guaranteed $127.99 on Benzaclin. And also about every 4-6 weeks I spend an additional $20-30 on facial cleansers, scrubs, spot treatments, moisturizers, anti- wrinkle cream, and make-up remover. And then also about every 3 months I spend about $30 on make-up, whether it be my powder foundation or some mascara or eyeliner. And I'm only 19 years old.

When I had a job I paid for all of this or I'd ask my boyfriend for a loan and then I'd work it off later :dance: lol but now that's I'm officially jobless other than helping my mother out in her business it's either her or my dad who'll pay for these things for me. Such as today I went and picked up my Month 3 prescription of Benzaclin which will last me till the beginning of October, or let's just say a month from now if I spread it out nicely through the course of this month and hopefully next month my mom will buy it for me. I didn't have enough money to buy it this month I was $17 short, so my mom just fronted the cost for me and that money I have will go towards this months mortage payment. So it's not like I'm spoiled and get whatever I want for nothing, I do work for the money my parents spend on me and 10 times out of 10 all that money goes towards acne/face products.

At the beginning of this year around January I believe I started getting Microdermabrasions at American Laser Center for $196 for every 2 sessions, but you pay $196 for the first 3 sessions and the last 3 are free, or so they make it seem. I've only done 3 and have 3 left. But I just got my cheeks pierced for $110, so I have to wait at least 2- 4 months before I can take them out and get the microdermabrasions again, hopefully I still can.

But yea that's a basic overview of how I spend my or my parents money on acne treatments. Believe me great skin is never not worth it. It's the first thing people see when they look at you and in this society you need it in the very least to get ahead in this world. It's super important. Call me shallow or conceited, but I NEED clear skin and will and have done whatever is nessecary to get it.

lol you do not need clear skin to get ahead in the world by any means. Don't go spreading around lies like that.

You need confidence, a good attitude, and work ethic to get ahead. You can overcome anything with or without acne, it all depends on how you approach and view the world.

Edited by nessfk

lol you do not need clear skin to get ahead in the world by any means. Don't go spreading around lies like that.

You need confidence, a good attitude, and work ethic to get ahead. You can overcome anything with or without acne, it all depends on how you approach and view the world.

I agree with you, but having a pretty face certainly doesn't hurt your odds of success. ;)

Ah, the joys in living the great country of CANADA.

i spend... a whole $0.00.

i get benzalcin, minocycline, accutane all for free.

I live in Italy and we have a free mediacal insurance too, but for acne treatments we have to pay. I spend about 100$/month only for the BP :doh: You're really lucky to pay not even a penny!

i've been to walgreens about 6 times in the past couple of weeks and have bought at least one acne related product each time, hahah. i'm so desperate!

(btw, in those couple of weeks, i noticed that the girl who had moderate acne the first time i went ended up having less acne the third or fourth time and was completely clear when i went yesterday! i wonder what she did...haha, but it'd be so weird to ask)

Edited by aasaalhum

i live in australia, and differin instead of being 100 dollars, is 10 dollars :) subsidized by the government, also doxy 20 dollars for 25 pills but i run out fast... i don't remember how much the clinda costs cause my parents pay for it most of the time :S but it can't be much more than doxy...

However here in this lovely city, dermatologists are scarce and for two appointments they have cost 100 dollars each! and all tehy did was tell me "keep doing what your doing"

lets see added to that is my vitamins. 25 dollars for zinc capsules, 13 dollars for zinc liquid (someone told me mom it works better), 25 dollars for vitamin b, 25 dollars for vitamin e, 25 dollars for chaste tree.

I have also spent alot of money on over the counter products before i started my hard acne drugz, moisturisers, salycilic acid washes, benzoyl peroxide spot treatements, alovera creams, scrubs, savlon antiseptic, sunscreens, you name it. it all adds up.. you don't even realise how much your spending. When i break out i tend to panic buy.

*sigh* Ive tried everything

With all this i must have spent like $600-$700 Australian dollars Easily over the last 3 months-4 months.... But its definetly worth it. Worth every single penny, would do it again in a flash (though maybe not so much the panic buying)

Think about how much more the scar treatment will cost, and how much harder it will be to get rid of those scars.

I think in life, money should be spent first and foremost on health, what could be more important? What is money for?

i never used to count, but i know it was way more than i wanted to. now i still don't, but i think it's around 30 dollars for wash, moisturizer, and if i want to try a new product. there would be times when i gave up and would stop buying treatments .. and then do a 180 and buy every single cream i thought would help. i don't want to think about the amount of money i spent trying to find makeup that could cover my face.

Edited by den_den

How much is clear skin worth to you? How much do you spend on gels and goops, facials, acne-safe food, supplements, dermatologists appointments and prescription medications each month? Is it your money or your parents'?

I've been trying to rationalize spending money on acne treatments that barely work when that money could be used in much better ways. It seems insane to have to spend over $40 a month for an indefinite period of time in order to get something resembling normal skin, and I'm starting to think it's not worth the cost.

Thoughts?

If you get generic clindamycin phosphate and combine with store-bought benzoyl peroxide its the same as benzaclin but much cheaper. I pay about $10 for a bottle of clindamycin that lasts a month.