Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my skin is kinda icky without make up, i usually have 4 or 5 spots and discoloration. but with makeup, ica n make my face look almost clear, although the makeup makes my face look a little fake and painted on. i wonder if guys notice the makeup thats caked on and the acne thats lurking underneath it.

so heres my question:

does it bother you when your girlfriend/crush/whatever appears to have okay skin, but you know that there is acne lurking underneath the makeup because you've seen her face unmasked?

doesnt that make her "fake" because when you look at her, youre not looking at her real face?

or do you not care as long as she looks good with however much makeup she has caked on?

Guest Brandon

Natural beauty is a precious thing, and acne can not change a pretty face. In my opinion, layer after layer of make up soils the face. A little make up is a pleasant sight though. I believe that too much make up is fake, yes. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a porcelain doll.

if u put loads of it and its very noticeable it isnt that good people without acne put on tonnes of it for no reason.

but if u put little its pretty cool but as the above said natural beauty is really nice

I would have to say caked on is bad, I dont think any one will say its good. Also imo its hard to cover acne up with it (though I am a guy with no make-up experience), its just I notice ppl with acne all the time on tv and they are supposed to be perfect and have makeup on.

Although I don't like it when my girlfriend wears makeup. It's just something I've learned to deal with. I know how she looks with it on and off. And let me tell you, I find her beautiful either way. Besides, she only does it to make herself feel better, and I can't deny her that now can I?

acne does horrid stuff to your face, 3 well placed pimples can ruin the entire face (seems that way for mine) wear some makeup to cover up the redness a bit, but don't overdo it, concentrate on working through and getting rid of acne, just remember that there's a lot of stuff beautiful about a girl instead of just her face try to bring attention to that wink.gif

I'm not a guy, but I can tell you this, I wear a lot of make up to hid my scars, ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. I am now having my skin all scraped off and going through the most painful thing I have ever had done in my life, just so I can make an attempt to wear less of it, so people will accept me and can "see my natural beauty" or whatever B.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever, natural beauty comes from within, but it's hard to accept that then they are so concerned with how much make you have to put on to feel presentable. But what is so great is people that have said, "Oh, why does she cake all that on" see me w/o they are like o.k., yeah you do a good job @ hiding all that.

Sorry Just a little angry, either people have something to say when you let them see everything underneath the make up, or they still have things to say when you cover it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Just a little angry,  either people have something to say when you let them see everything underneath the make up, or they still have things to say when you cover it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I personally don't like too much make up on a girl.

Just very thinly (if she's pale), a light colored foundation and lipstick is OK. I like the natural look.

These days I don't wear too much make-up, but long ago, I used to. (I'm a girl) Did I like it? Hell, no! But I felt like I can be much more "myself" when hiding behind a mask of make-up. Ironic. It just made me feel better to hide behind something. Without make-up, I couldn't set foot outside of my room. I don't really wear much of anything else (the eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, blush, the works) - and I don't really have to, but I just coudln't forego the foundation, no matter what.

It's more of a security blanket than anything else. Also, I blush very easily (my whole face turns very red) - even if someone just says "hi" to me when I'm not expecting it, I'll blush. So make-up hides that, and I feel better. Yes, blushing is cute on a girl with a great complexion, but a person with acne? It makes the acne stand out more.

These days I'm just tired of the whole routine every day and I care less about what people think. So I try to go without, just to get used to myself without.

Oops, I think this was a poll for the guys or something...!

(It was written in "defense" of girls that wear a lot of make-up!)

thanks for the response guys. i shouldve made this a poll but i didnt know how to. ahhhhhhhhhh.

its so true taht girls face the dilemma of either looking caked on or acned. although sometimes if i dont have that much acne and if im lucky, i can make my make up can look somewhat natural. i still dont like the feel of it though.

i guess my main inquiry pertains to how guys feel about "artificial" beauty or perfection. like if a girl appears to be pretty and have clear skin, would the guy feel the same if he knew about all the blemishes thats lurking underneath the makeup?

i guess in our society we're pretty used to the fake beauty. all we see in the media is airbrushed and cosmetically enhanced bodies. fake tits, fake noses, collagen pumped lips, liposuctions, etc etc. i wonder how guys feel about that in reality.

Yes, I liek makeup on a girl but I also don't liek a ton of it on her. You don't need to put so much on that it is obvious that you are trying to cover up your spots. All you need is the normal amount. Real beauty comes from the inside, and if I see a couple spots on your face and the most beautiful person on the inside the spots would not even exist in my eyes. Sometimes girls can do so much to there faces that it actually makes them look worse. If they just didn't do so much they could look so beautiful naturally.

Makeup can really ruin your skin and prevent it from healing but it's so damn hard to go around feeling unpretty.

there was this girl at my school, which had very mild acne but she still used alot of makeup to make her skin look very good. she was pretty with or without the makeout, some guys made fun of her for putting on too much and 1 guy hit her with a water gun rofl

Guest Brandon
I'm not a guy, but I can tell you this, I wear a lot of make up  to hid my scars, ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  I am now having my skin all scraped off and going through the most painful thing I have ever had done in my life,  just so I can make an attempt to wear less of it, so people  will accept me and can "see my natural beauty" or whatever B.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Whatever, natural beauty comes from within,  but it's hard to accept that then they are so concerned with how much make you have to put on to feel presentable.  But what is so great is people that have said, "Oh, why does she cake all that on"  see me w/o they are like o.k., yeah you do a good job @ hiding all that.

Yes, sweetie I understand that it's just upsetting b/c I don't think that men can relate to women who wear a lot of makeup and are still pretty girls. I have a friend w/beautiful skin a beautiful face, she has blonde eyelashes and eyebrows like I do, anyway she had just gotten out of the shower one day and this guy she was seeing said to her, "I guess you are one of those people who really do look better w/makeup on." It crushed her. It just shouldn't be an issue anywhere, unless your trying to look like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show. It's hard when you try your hardest to look presentable and natural at the same time, often there is no inbetween, reguardless of the physical aspects.

some guys made fun of her for putting on too much and 1 guy hit her with a water gun rofl

Guest Brandon
some guys made fun of her for putting on too much and 1 guy hit her with a water gun rofl

....and you're the kind of person who laughs. Nice.

I'm pretty bad at noticing excessive makeup. As long as you don't look like a doll (way too much blush), I'll probably be oblivious to the fact that you're wearing anything other than lipstick or eyeshadow.

Guest Brandon
Yes, sweetie I understand that it's just upsetting b/c I don't think that men can relate to women who wear a lot of makeup and are still pretty girls.  I have a friend w/beautiful skin a beautiful face, she has blonde eyelashes and eyebrows like I do, anyway she had just gotten out of the shower one day and  this guy she was seeing said to her, "I guess you are one of those people who really do look better w/makeup on."  It crushed her.  It just shouldn't be an issue anywhere, unless your trying to look like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show.  It's hard when you try your hardest to look presentable and natural at the same time, often there is no inbetween, reguardless of the physical aspects.

I actually went out today and mingled with the outside world without make-up, but I had to leave my hair down. I guess I needed some form of cover. Some guy wistled at me and although I was flattered at first, I think he probably didn't have his glasses on. Most guys I know prefer no/little make up. Its hard because acne can make a girl feel dependent on some sort of cover.