with ur edited myspace pic?

do u help but wonder

if it's just u

or if there really is a big difference

and that u shouldn't

give off such an impression?

anyone have experience with having met people

online?

thats why i dont even mess with girls like that because i used to look so much better THIS FCKIN SWOLLEN EYE MOTHA FCK

i'm goin to try it out.....

if it doesn't work out.....

I won't put myself out there again like

that.....

for a very long time......

I've wondered this exact same thing.

I always use that blemish fix thing on photo editors haha. I don't consider it a crime though.

The one thing I can tell you is that if someone really cares about you and likes you, they will look past your acne. Otherwise, it is simple. They are not the person for you. But trust me, there are PLENTY of people out there who can look past the outside to the inside. You can almost use your acne as an advantage; it can be a sort of "radar" to see who will love you for you, and who will love you for... well idk ha.

(:

OH, and don't say "I won't put myself out there like that again for a long time..."

that is not the right kinda attitude to have!

put yourself out there!! and realize that some will turn you down! whether you have acne or not, it happens.

but keep yourself out there, and I promise you someone wonderful will come along =]

Edited by andrea29

Once I did meet this guy that I had met from online. In my photo I did not even have make up on and I didn't edit the colouring or anything. The photo was simply a real photo of me because I personally am looking to meeting people who are interested in the real me, not how I look like.

And if you are wondering it went really well with meeting him, he told me that I was beautiful :wub:

So just be comfortable with yourself, whether you have acne at all. I think the truely valuable friends that you meet in your life would not care either way about your skin!

I don't think editing out your blemishes will make that big of a difference. It's not like you're giving yourself a new nose or something. I don't see how that is a false impression since acne comes and goes. You could have been clear at the time the picture was taken :)

i'm goin to try it out.....

if it doesn't work out.....

I won't put myself out there again like

that.....

for a very long time......

i have never met someone off myspace, but i know someone who has. it didn't go well, but it wasn't bc of how she looked. it was obvious he was attracted to her, even though she had edited pics of herself. i think with meeting someone online, there's a risk. but then again there's always a risk with relationships, right? good luck and i hope it does work out.

Uhm.. my experience about this, me having all this old photos and some recent one taken 4 months ago---when I still haven't got this major breakouts---my skin was quite clear back then...

So yeah then this guy who's a friend of a friend of mine, got interested in me... having seen all the pictures and such... when he has no idea what I have become now---(sigh) though I still keep in contact with him---though I know it'll be impossible for him to like me if ever he'll see me in person, am really just kidding myself. Anyhow also it's like a major guilt when some of the people I've known check out my page and comment that I look good and happy---geez if they only new what am going through... not to mention seeing old pictures on what it was before is really depressing, no wonder I limit myself on checking out my account. :cry:

^Yeah... we don't really know what'll be his reaction, though I 100% bet---just imagining it (sigh) embarrassing... sorry for being pessimistic bout it, but then don't want to put my hopes with it, kinda check reality as it is. Hmmm I will not be surprise when he eventually get tired 'coz there were couple of times were he ask me out, but kinda makes some excuses *ouch* though until now, when he have time... he still check out how am doing and all.

Having this kind of situation is quite new to me, I sometimes says to my friend to bare with me 'coz whenever they ask how are you? or such thing, I frankly don't know what to say haha! Anyhow maybe in time I'll manage to deal with this and get used to things---:eh:

Edited by cinnamon girl

I met someone from a dating Web site and we have been dating for 9 months. I was relatively clear when I met him and after dating for two months I had a huge breakout. We got through it together, because he supported me through that tough time. It made me realize that he truly cared about me.

ya, my gf. Not myspace, but off this website =)

Awww. I know. There is someone on here that I think I would could totally kick it off with. This def. seems like a good site to get to know someone on...:)

Anyways, I just thought it was cool that it worked out for ya...

Ive met people on Facebook then in person before. But they were people that were going to the same Uni as me, so maybe its a little different.

Id love to meet people off here some time though. Would be great to put some names to faces and have a proper conversation face to face :)

I actually met two people online that I ended up in relationships with. This past one I ended up meeting when I had really severe acne and a bunch of scars, and he thought I was the most gorgeous girl he's ever been with. I think it had more to do with my self esteem that made him not turned off by my face. Self esteem seems to be a big turn on.