Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shark08

Acne.. in SECTIONS?

So basically, I've had acne since I was ten year old girl. I've discovered that my acne is purely hormonal, as it only pops up around the time of the month. I am now eighteen years old.

I have a few questions, and I hope someone can help me.

As you can see in the photos, I only get bad acne on the sides of my face. It makes no sense. And it will only come in two sections, near the ear, or by the chin. NEVER BETWEEN THOSE TWO SPOTS. Sometimes I'll get like a pimple "cluster" (that's what I call it) and will have 2 or 3 whiteheads coming out of one pimple! It drives me absolutely nuts. In a way I'm kinda glad it's not on the front of my face, but it's so embarrassing to sit next to someone or have them see the side of my face!

These marks do eventually fade though, but it takes an entire year.

I change pillow sheets often, I don't even use a cell phone or any kind of phone, and don't touch the area. It's like these sections on my face are prone to breakouts and no other part is. So whacky.

My problem isn't so much the acne, but the marks left behind! Can anyone PLEASE suggest something to help speedy up the fading process? Or fade them, or whatever. It's incredibly embarrassing.

Please. =(

post-111917-1252212186_thumb.jpg

post-111917-1252212196_thumb.jpg

post-111917-1252212186_thumb.jpg

post-111917-1252212196_thumb.jpg

zomg, you have a group of em in the exact same place as me!

I've been using extra virgin olive oil on my face every night for the past week, and although there has been minimal improvement, its definitely done something. and always, ALWAYS wear sunscreen. apparently, it only takes a little raw exposure to ruin any progress you've made.

Threre's this theory that you get acne on certain places of your face because of certain conditions you're in. For example, if you have asthma or other respitory syndroms you get acne on certain parts of your cheeks, if it's something with your digestion and the organs there you get acne on your forehead and so on. I have no idea if it's true or not.

So anyway, I would also use a lot of sunscreen 'cause the sun does make them worse. You could try fading them with lemon juice, yogurt, oatmeal and other natural bleaching stuff. Be careful though and only put it on the red spots 'cause they do bleach the skin.

I've the same problem, but not the same area. (Mine is closer to the mouth).

I don't know what can help you... Im using glycolic acid 10%, but one week ago i burned my skin... x_x my new burn-spot is bigger than my zits spots, so be careful if you want / or you are using this stuff.

Ps. You're cute :)