Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have recently discovered the negative impacts of products with SLS in them and need suggestions for SLS-free products (face wash, shampoo, ect)! Your help would be greatly appreciated. :dance:

Guest veganwithacne

I use Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap on my face

Dr. Bronner's soap for my body, I have used this as a face soap too. I will probably use this as a face soap again after I finish the Dr. Woods.

I use JR Liggett's Shampoo Bars, which is a bar shampoo and a really great way and easy to use. It may seem a bit weird at first to rub a bar on your hair, but I love it.

I use Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap on my face

Dr. Bronner's soap for my body, I have used this as a face soap too. I will probably use this as a face soap again after I finish the Dr. Woods.

I use JR Liggett's Shampoo Bars, which is a bar shampoo and a really great way and easy to use. It may seem a bit weird at first to rub a bar on your hair, but I love it.

There are actually many products out there that are SLS-free; the problem is many of them contain certain other substances that aren't great either. I use Dr. Bronner's for everything (shampoo ... body wash ... laundry detergent ... even toothpaste, if I'm in a pinch). I used to use Alaffia haircare products, but now I can't afford them anymore (sad, cause they were great!). And "Natural Dentist" and Tom's of Maine make SLS-free toothpastes.

Genuine African black soap. It's all natural. I use it for face, body and hair. I get mine from agbangakarite. It doesn't look like your average soap. It's a soft soap which is brown/black. Cleans and lathers very well and has a neutral scent (unscented).

You can try Sukin Foaming Cleanser (light cleanser) or Cream Cleanser (more for drier skin or removing heavier makeup) - it's an Australian brand that is very cheap and good quality. There are a few blog reviews on this brand too.