Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is shaving good or bad for red marks? how often should I do it?

I once went 2 weeks without shaving, you couldn't really see facial hair but I looked dirty. when I shaved it all off, my skin looked a lot cleaner and smoother, but I don't know if the red marks were better or worse :confused:

anyone know from experience?

I know what you mean about the dirty part.

I love shaving because it makes me look clearer

I'm not sure about its affect on redmarks

Shaving is good for removing dead skin. But if I made a guess id say that is maybe has a slightly negative effect on red marks, or at least spots that are fading, if you arent careful and gentle. Sometimes I might scratch one with the razor and make it sore but its fine if im gentle.

I shave at least twice a week now. My facial hair grows quite quickly and I get to the point at which it gets itchy quite quickly. So to save irritation I shave regularly.

ok, I got up off my butt and bought some new razors. after being forced to not shave for a week, I think I saw some improvement, but my before and after photos didn't really look different. now I'm going to shave every day for a week. I'll tell yall how I'm doing next saturday :)

alright, its been about a week. I have been shaving every day since I've last talked to yall...

and there hardly any improvement :( at first, I thought I definitely saw some changes, but when I looked closely at the photos I noticed that they are pretty much exactly the same. dang.

but the olive oil is way easier to apply on bare skin :D

heh, well, there really shouldn't be much improvement as the shaving just removes the upper most layer of dead skin. and a week is really too short anyways. but yeah, the olive oil should help.