Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kc01cxt

When is a good time to ...

...start Accutane?

I have VERY VERY oily skin, and can't take it anymore! I know i break out before of it....would Accutane help me?? :wall:

if you dont have that much acne i wouldnt recommend accutane. although in the first month of my treatment my oily skin has gone down a lot, my initial breakout is so bad that i dont even care about the oil. if you did go on it make sure you are on an extremely low dose. I am on 20mg twice daily and im breaking out terribly. maybe there is another medication specifically for oil. ask your doctor

Hey :)

Dont know if you've got a reply yet...

I was on accutane for nearly 6 months my skin cleared up however not completely i then went off it and my skin was clear. i think it was the accutane that cleared it up but it was just a delayed reaction. i do recommend it as a last resort. it can make you really tired and you dont see results as soon as you'd like which can be upsetting. you'll also need to buy a good moisturizer because it really drys out your skin which can leave you with 1 or 2 red marks which happened to me so keep using the moisturizer after your done the dose for maybe a month.

have you ever tried best bath store products?

also the list of things you were hoping could clear acne like fruit veg, lots of water, gym etc. it helps a bit but unless you want to do it to be healthy and fitter theres not much point because its not gona clear your acne up a whole lot.

xx craig