Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laxer04

My diet what to change? + Add

Hi, Well My acne just won't seem to go away I always get white heads which i pop and right before the bunch of pimples go finally away new ones form like right next to them hence never ending acne on my chin =[

Im 18 a guy and am trying to gain weight so this is hard for me to watch what i eat.

I usually have a egg sandwhich in the morning or x2 waffles.

For lunch I usually have a peanut butter sandwhich / vanilla frosted donuts / bagle toasted with butter / slices of toast with butter.

Dinner I'll eat what ever my mom makes =]

For desert I almost alwyas have 4 slices of toast with butter / salad / ice cream

I drink about 2-4 bottles of water a day and never drink soda or eat fast foods!

I've been reading that diary causes acne and im eating easily 12 slices of bread a day with butter so should i stop that?

Am I doing a high gl diet or no?

What pills can i start taking to help with my acne that doesnt make weight loss?????

PS> I have really oily skin.

Hi, Well My acne just won't seem to go away I always get white heads which i pop and right before the bunch of pimples go finally away new ones form like right next to them hence never ending acne on my chin =[

Im 18 a guy and am trying to gain weight so this is hard for me to watch what i eat.

I usually have a egg sandwhich in the morning or x2 waffles.

For lunch I usually have a peanut butter sandwhich / vanilla frosted donuts / bagle toasted with butter / slices of toast with butter.

Dinner I'll eat what ever my mom makes =]

For desert I almost alwyas have 4 slices of toast with butter / salad / ice cream

I drink about 2-4 bottles of water a day and never drink soda or eat fast foods!

I've been reading that diary causes acne and im eating easily 12 slices of bread a day with butter so should i stop that?

Am I doing a high gl diet or no?

What pills can i start taking to help with my acne that doesnt make weight loss?????

PS> I have really oily skin.

I eat 12 slices of whole grain bread and have no problem! Though I usually eat ezekiel bread which is the healthiest bread.

I buy this bread made from one ingredient 100% sprouted wheat and filtered water thats it!!

It is absolutely beautiful and organic its naturally sweet and so tasty!!

Why don't you add nuts to your diet that helped me put on weight!

I eat 25 almonds a day!!

Also why don't you try almond butter for your bread it's gorgeous!!

Make sure it's raw or has been dry roasted with no oils!!

Hmmm yea nuts would be a good snack i hate them but im going to have to man up..

so far everyone has posted abotu the bread i was more worried about the butter =[

What nuts do you suggest?

The nuts I suggest are almonds!!

Fantastic for the skin and weight gain!!

As well add pumpkin seeds they are a natural superfood!!

You should cut down on butter a good bit but if you can tolerate it than it might be alright!!

I got to agree with you man donuts are one of the worst foods you can eat cut out straight away seriously!!

How bout replacing them with this

Meringues makes 2:

-2 egg whites beaten until you turn the bowl upside down and it doesn't fall out

-add some stevia or xylitol to your taste bake at 200 degrees C for 20 mins

Good protein instead of trans fats and sugars

Switch from peanut butter to almond butter, much better nutritionally and tastewise.

Just make sure it's raw or roasted without oils!!

The nuts I suggest are almonds!!

Fantastic for the skin and weight gain!!

As well add pumpkin seeds they are a natural superfood!!

You should cut down on butter a good bit but if you can tolerate it than it might be alright!!

I got to agree with you man donuts are one of the worst foods you can eat cut out straight away seriously!!

How bout replacing them with this

Meringues makes 2:

-2 egg whites beaten until you turn the bowl upside down and it doesn't fall out

-add some stevia or xylitol to your taste bake at 200 degrees C for 20 mins

Good protein instead of trans fats and sugars

Switch from peanut butter to almond butter, much better nutritionally and tastewise.

Just make sure it's raw or roasted without oils!!

Looks like im going shopping today =] Thanks

If you need good food, add spirulina and chlorella to your diet and cut down on the unhealthy things (but don't quit them altogether, you need to sin every once in a while because it just feels good ). You can find more information on spirulina and chlorella here: http://www.chlorellafactor.com/

If you need good food, add spirulina and chlorella to your diet and cut down on the unhealthy things (but don't quit them altogether, you need to sin every once in a while because it just feels good ;) ). You can find more information on spirulina and chlorella here: http://www.chlorellafactor.com/

Once you stay off unhealthy food for a while you'll get to a point where the cravings stop and you won't really want it, i know that's been the case with me especially with eliminating refined sugar. The more you cheat the more you'll find yourself wanting to cheat more often and you'll begin to defeat the purpose in eliminating it from your diet to begin with. It's the same way with any other addiction. The only way to eliminate the desire for it is to eliminate it completely. As the saying goes, if it tastes good you probably need to spit it out.

It's worth figuring out whether dairy affects your acne by eliminating it for a couple of weeks. That's (potentially, depending on how thick you put it on), a load of butter. Still, it takes a lot of butter to add up to the lactose in a bowl of ice cream (which you don't seem to be worried about!). If you do a dairy-free test, make sure you eliminate all the dairy that may be lurking in various places in your diet for the period you're doing the test.

Guest veganwithacne

Where are your fruits and veggies?

I would suggest you eat more of them.

You can't get your vitamins from bread, butter, ice cream and doughnuts. Peanut butter is the least of your worries, but maybe at least switch to a natural one without all the added sugar.

Two doughnuts is like a 500 calories in one sitting, with absolutely zero beneficial nutrients : (

If you are young you might not be seeing all the effects that such a poor diet can have, but it is best to make the changes now for your health and acne.

You can't get your vitamins from bread, butter, ice cream and doughnuts. Peanut butter is the least of your worries, but maybe at least switch to a natural one without all the added sugar.

Yeah I would only buy natural peanut butter where there are no other ingredients but peanuts and salt. It costs more but regular store peanut butter has hydrogenated vegetable oils which is something you want to avoid. I've been eating at least two tablespoons of natural peanut butter every day in my weight gain shake.

Edited by Stephen01

Just bought pumpkin seeds!! and oven roasted almonds!! <--no oils added =]

I hope i like these snacks

What are you using for your weight gain??? I been taking isopure mass but its 100%whey so i just gave that up =[

Yea im trying like I have not ate fast food in over a year not even a fry! I only drink water / alcohol no soda or anything with sugar in it....

But like Im trying so hard to gain weight like right now it's 10pm and usually ill make my self some grilled cheese and a nice big bowl of ice cream!!

So what can i replacement????

Is pasta / eggs good to eat every single night like im talking 6 scrambled eggs a day..

Or is boiled eggs better?

Ahh this is so hard!!

Thanks for that info..

What about colcuts? i think thats how you spell it...

like a sandwhich with ham / turkey etc. --boarshead brand...

Apples / oranges ??? good or bad

Colcut? I have no idea what that is. Skip the ham and focus on white meat. If you want red meat (I know I do sometimes) make sure it's lean (but that also applies to white meat). And of course it's best if it's organic. You don't need hormones and antibiotics in your food. Apples are great for some people, you could try it (don't pick the sweetest ones). Eat a couple of apples a day and see what happens, it's very well possible that you notice improvement within a week. Oranges in general are OK, but some people are allergic to citrus fruit and that may lead to more acne. It's a matter of trial and error. Personally I have no problems with fruit at all. It's best if you only eat organic foods with no additives, but it can be hard to find sometimes and it's more expensive. Experimenting with food to find out what's good for you can be a long and sometimes uncomfortable trip, but once you figured it out it'll be a lot easier. That's why I advised you to have a look at spirulina and chlorella (they are actually food sources, not supplements). If you eat enough of it, it gives you a comfortable error margin when it comes to other foods. That doesn't mean that you can eat whatever you want, but you're not immediately punished by the appearance of new blemishes if you eat something you shouldn't. Unfortunately changes in your diet may take some time to appear on the outside, it's not a quick overnight cure. You have to be determined to go that way. And even then you'll be disappointed from time to time for there's no guarantee that food is what triggers your acne. But eating healthier at least boosts your overall health, and that's important too. Most important thing is to try and stay positive and have a good sleeping routine (an underestimated factor for a lot of people).

Yes. I'm afraid it looks like you need to change just about everything you are eating. It's probably easiest to change little by little, like one meal at a time or just start figuring out healthy meals to add. Try some meals that don't involve bread, waffles, donuts, ice cream, etc. Meals that do involve vegetables, quality protein, and healthy fats.

Hmmm i think i just need to research food that are fattening-protein etc.- that fill me up..Cause these almonds are boring and are not filling..

Thanks guys

Ohh great [email protected]@

i think for know im going to give up diary for 2 weeks and report back if it has an influence on my acne...

Diary is just so good!

Grilled cheese/ ice cream / buttered bread / cereal / etcetc ahhh

im so hungrey i can feel me losing weight shit!

cutting dairy was easy, cutting grains was hard, and cutting oils was even harder, but im back to grains and still cutting diary and oils. and im pretty sure grains isnt whats causing my acne, im eating noodles and pasta and like 6 pieces of bread a day and no back breakouts yet, just acouple pimples here and there

Yea i'm giving up diary for 2 weeks which i mean i can do, im just going to be eating alot of meats / protein though since icecream was my favorite thing to help gain weight...

I've always eating the same way literally the same way for this past year.. My face got perfectly cleared from ziana..Then about a month ago my face is back to normal 1 pimple go away 10 pop up and repeat...

So i really dont think diary is affecting me or breads or food in general but gotta try everything once =[

:September 1st-September 14th: NO DIARY AT ALL

Yea i'm giving up diary for 2 weeks which i mean i can do, im just going to be eating alot of meats / protein though since icecream was my favorite thing to help gain weight...

I've always eating the same way literally the same way for this past year.. My face got perfectly cleared from ziana..Then about a month ago my face is back to normal 1 pimple go away 10 pop up and repeat...

So i really dont think diary is affecting me or breads or food in general but gotta try everything once =[

:September 1st-September 14th: NO DIARY AT ALL

You may not see that dramatic of results in just two weeks time, especially if you don't entirely clean up your diet. I would eliminate dairy from your diet for at least a month to see how much that improves you.

And there are plenty of healthy things you can eat to help gain weight besides dairy products. You can make a weight gain shake that will net you over 1,000 calories and it will include a mixture of healthy fats, carbs, and protein instead of just unhealthy fat and refined sugar that you were getting from eating ice cream and grilled cheese.

The one I've been making lately consists of:

2 scoops whey protein isolate

2 tablespoons natural peanut butter

1 cup oats

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 tablespoons ground flax

banana

frozen raspberries and strawberries

2 1/2 cups water

That right there is over 1200 calories

Edited by Stephen01

but, peanuts, whey, oats and banana could give him acne too

Yes they can, as most all foods have the potential to cause acne for certain people, but they're not anywhere near as likely to as what he has been eating.

Edited by Stephen01