Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

Who couldn't wait to get to age 22+?

Because most people stop getting acne at that age! I couldn't wait until I was 22+ because right now, I'm 22 and I am about 99% clear! My back is clear, my face is clear which I'm pleased because I had a lot of acne on my back and some on my face, usually big ones.

But I've noticed that life's still the same! I have confidence though to go out with my family and I would like to meet girls and find the right one! Because I'm 22 and it's time to find a girlfriend! I love kids and I'm planning to have about 2-3 kids.

However, it's difficult for me to meet a girl! I'm too shy to ask a girl for a date! Even though I have no one in mind that I like. ;\ Hopefully I meet some in college!

But my job is holding me back because I work from 3:30 pm to 12:30 am- 1:30 am! I have to stay there until then. Wondering if girls wouldn't mind a bf working a lot of hours. :X

I have acne few years now,but now i m defenetly getting rid of it.I`m 18 and kinda shy too,if some girls nearby.I thinked that it was all about my look.not no,i didnt see much progress with my social problems,so i went to see psychologist (that doesent mean im crazy or anything).I`m really happy to see that my acne is curing and also getting stronger in psychical way.

anyway,if you think that,you cant get rid of shyness,go see psychologist.

have a good day :)

We're all different. For instance, my friend was a Turkish prince, and his father, the King of Turkey, had once made a vow with a genie in a wine bottle before my friend had been born. The genie said, one day you will have a son. The King was all, oh yay, I've always wanted a son! The genie said, oh well this is kind of like the "fortunately, unfortunately" game then, cos fortunately you will have a son but unfortunately, on his 22nd birthday there will be a very unfortunate event regarding a drainpipe and an unleashed cobra which will result in a fatality regarding your son.

My friend is now 21. He not be lookin forward to the big 2-2 that much to be honest.

I've been let down at three different ages (18,20,22). I still have small breakouts. College would be the ideal place to meet a girl, imo.

Agreed but this days, girls are gold-digger. NOT ALL THOUGH. :)

I'm 36 & I still breakout... Having great luck with blue/red led lights, & topical treatment with salicylic/glycolic acid...

That 22 plus factor would apply more to men anyways, as acne in women is also typically influenced by hormones that are going strong and peaking at different age periods.

Some men may experience decreases in acne after peaks in their hormones decrease... Which does occur at a younger age for men.

Everybody is a bit different, I think.

:surprised: That's a helluva story TwistAndShOut! :wacko:

I have a lot of female friends and the majority of them do not care whether or not you have money. At least have a job, though. They're crazy about simple romantic stuff, as long as it doesn't border on creepy and desperate.

Anyways, I'm slowly growing out of my acne and I can now make eye contact. The more eye contact I make, the more confident I feel about myself. Sometimes I remind myself to PRETEND to be confident and it usually works pretty well.

I have a lot of female friends and the majority of them do not care whether or not you have money. At least have a job, though. They're crazy about simple romantic stuff, as long as it doesn't border on creepy and desperate.

Anyways, I'm slowly growing out of my acne and I can now make eye contact. The more eye contact I make, the more confident I feel about myself. Sometimes I remind myself to PRETEND to be confident and it usually works pretty well.

I don't want to be super rich but I want enough to live, and if I find a girl in college and if we both success then we would make a lot of money together a year. That's why I want to meet a girl in college because college-girls are kind of nice. >_>

I'm trying to enjoy life but I loathe my job because of the hours! Plus I work at a warehouse which require a lot of lifting and walking!

Congrats on having clearer acne!! But, I want to caution you about getting a gf think; Many people end up thinking their ready for a relationship, when they really are not. Its important that you are a well rounded person in being emoutionally, financially, phyiscally, and relationally stable. Many people have to much of the "Lust" or the feelings of physically attraction on the mind, rather that the future responsibilities to the other person and what life has aswell. Focus on what you need to do, to adopt the qualities of character and the skills to be able to take care of an other person and mend any disruptive relationships with Parents, other family members, friends etc..

THe less Past baggage you take into the relationship, the more you can focus on the other person. Most women aren't gold diggers, they just want a guy thats able to take care of them and offfer security.. If you focus on the other things in life (career, other relationships, developing character etc), the girl will come I promise you that. don't take time off the path to persue a female but let the female come along your path. It's like when your trying to find something but can't but when you aren't looking for it first, you end up finding it later when you least expect it.

Plus, I know what you are going through.. Being the shy&easy going guy doesn't give you the great advantage in the world but you know that if theirs a girl that likes you for you, she'll be the one..

Congrats on having clearer acne!! But, I want to caution you about getting a gf think; Many people end up thinking their ready for a relationship, when they really are not. Its important that you are a well rounded person in being emoutionally, financially, phyiscally, and relationally stable. Many people have to much of the "Lust" or the feelings of physically attraction on the mind, rather that the future responsibilities to the other person and what life has aswell. Focus on what you need to do, to adopt the qualities of character and the skills to be able to take care of an other person and mend any disruptive relationships with Parents, other family members, friends etc..

THe less Past baggage you take into the relationship, the more you can focus on the other person. Most women aren't gold diggers, they just want a guy thats able to take care of them and offfer security.. If you focus on the other things in life (career, other relationships, developing character etc), the girl will come I promise you that. don't take time off the path to persue a female but let the female come along your path. It's like when your trying to find something but can't but when you aren't looking for it first, you end up finding it later when you least expect it.

Plus, I know what you are going through.. Being the shy&easy going guy doesn't give you the great advantage in the world but you know that if theirs a girl that likes you for you, she'll be the one..

True. Well girls look at me but I look away, I just can't look at them, I'm too shy and I get embarrassed to look into their eyes when it's aimed at mine. :P

23 with moderate scarring and mild breakouts I guess. Im a guy btw. So even though Im mostly cleared I still feel chained to acne by my scars, and they aren't going to disappear anytime soon.

i began to develop acne a month or so after i turned 23... so f that.

How bad is it? >_>

Anyone who had acne at age 14-15 then they will get clear at age 22+

:)

it was pretty ugly and started 4 months ago...but now i'm clear (i don't know what the hell happened, but it came and went in that time. i hope it leaves for good because i'm sick of worrying about it. i posted pics on here somewhere, but i'm not sure where

wait, here's the thread. looking at those pics makes me cringe because i remember how much i cried about it. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/HELP-pictures-t246079.html

It's great to hear your acne cleared up. I've also heard that it starts to get better after 22 but I don't think that may be the case with me. I turned 22 about 3 months ago and for the last 4-5 months I've been having the worst acne I've ever had. Do you think age makes a difference and that as someone gets older it may get better, or is this just something that should happen but doesn't for everyone?

I just want to be legal to hit on anyone I want ;D

Sucks to be 14. I can hit on them all I want but they can't say anything without Chris Hansen being suspicious :(

it was pretty ugly and started 4 months ago...but now i'm clear (i don't know what the hell happened, but it came and went in that time. i hope it leaves for good because i'm sick of worrying about it. i posted pics on here somewhere, but i'm not sure where

wait, here's the thread. looking at those pics makes me cringe because i remember how much i cried about it. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/HELP-pictures-t246079.html

I saw those pictures and you look great. :) Your breakout isn't bad!

If you're clear then you won't break out! But you may be allergic to certain food! That's why you broke out! I suggest to see a doctor and see what food your allergic to.

Sucks to be 14. I can hit on them all I want but they can't say anything without Chris Hansen being suspicious :(

Lol :):)

By the way , I added a girl that works with my sister I found her on my sister myspace and decided to add her! Unfortunately, she has a bf but I just want to be her friend :) she wrote me and said "I like to talk to shy guy, we should hang out." I even gave her my cell number! I'm so shy on the phone. But now I have confident to talk! Kind of. lol

She haven't called! She's usually busy with University work. She's a sophomore and she has one more class left. Also, she has rich parents, millionaires.

I love her car. lol

I saw those pictures and you look great. :) Your breakout isn't bad!

If you're clear then you won't break out! But you may be allergic to certain food! That's why you broke out! I suggest to see a doctor and see what food your allergic to.

Lol :):)

yeah, but i'd never had more than about 4 pimples at once! i wanted to rip my face off. i really don't know how some people on here deal with it. i was a complete pansy and refused to leave the house. i need to become a stronger person...

I'm 22 and still breaking out a lot. Been breaking out since I was 11.

It really depends on the individual. Some will grow out of it others will not. It depends on genes. I've seen a lot of my male friends stop getting acne in the 21-24 range. Others still suffer from it.

Well I have living proof (my sister) that I'll still have acne when I'm 22, and I developed it at about 14-15 so 22 will just be another year for me I guess.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by gda_11