Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, this is my first post :dance:

Well I've sorta become a bit paranoid about the food I eat and how they might effect my skin. And after having some pineapple (fresh, not canned/juice), I'm feeling a bit uncertain. I've heard that fruit is good for your skin, but also that the sugar in some fruits can be bad. So, I'm wondering is it good or bad for my skin? Thanks

Pineapple is actually very good for the skin. Make sure it is always fresh though! Pineapple, although acidic when taken in, has an alkaline ash value, thus creating an alkaline environment in the body. This inhibits bacteria. It's also loaded in Vitamin C, which is good for the skin. Just like with anything, you don't want to eat it all day long, but one serving a day should be good. Also, if you eat fruit with a meal, make sure to eat the fruit first otherwise it sits on top of all the other food and the nutrients don't get absorbed as well.

Pineapple, although acidic when taken in, has an alkaline ash value, thus creating an alkaline environment in the body. This inhibits bacteria.

lolwut?

Yeah pineapple breaks me out too... sucks because I love the stuff. The best thing about pineapple is it contains the natural proteolytic (protein digesting) enzyme bromelain. So if it doesn't break you out directly it's definitely a good fruit to include, although should probably be limited because of the high sugar content.