Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chipperk49

SPIRONOLACTONE WORKS!!!! Ladies . . . . Listen up!

I have battled cystic acne on and off for over 10 years. My most recent outbreak happened in January and was terrible!!! I had cysts all over my face, especially on the cheeks & jawline, I felt hidious and it hurt! I had several of the long termers injected, which isn't fun, but it helps. I tried everything . . . at least I thought I tried everything until I was given Spironolactone.

Spironolactone is used to treat many different disorders, from high blood pressure to fluid retention. Although the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't recognize spironolactone as an acne treatment, it is often prescribed off-label to treat hormonally influenced breakouts. Spironolactone is used as an acne treatment for women only .

That combined with an anti-biotic for the small little bumpies and Yaz bc, did the trick. I haven't had a break-out in 3 months, my skin feels like baby skin, although I still have purplish scars, it's amazing. I also used Aczone to help with the acne I had and any random one's that pop up, works like a charm! Wanted to share with the ladies because I know how exasperating acne can be and how expensive it can get when you don't know what to try.

Good luck and know that we are all beautiful and *F* Acne! :-)