Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shalane1

Accutane & dry/cracked heels

Hi guys! I'm a month & half into my accutane now and was wondering whether any one else out there is also experiencing that their heels are MUCH drier than usual and possibly starting to crack! euw!

I never had a problem with dry/cracked heels and I hate looking at them! :doh:

Mine didn't crack until they bled, but they got pretty dry. Sally Hensen makes a cracked heel foot cream that works heavenly! Slather it on and cover with socks. You'll be fixed up in no time. :)

My feet are usually pretty dry, but on accutane it's definitely gotten out of control. I get pedicures pretty regularly and use the pumice board on them in the shower. Also I got the big tub of Cetaphil cream and put it on my feet at night then wear socks.

I was on minocycline on/off for years and I had pretty severely cracked heels. Didn't help that I picked at them..

Haven't noticed any problems now, and I'm currently on 10 mg/day Accutane. Like someone else mentioned, there are some really good balms that will take care of the problem if you use it regularly.