Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay i really need help im so confused right now. Ive been cutting back on my dariy but ive been reading alot of posts that say i shouldnt have gluten either. what is gluten anyways. and theres been talk about soy also is it good or bad? please help me. thanks =)

Those are individual food intolerances that you may or many not have. I don't have a problem with either. Those two are probably the most common, but there are many more foods that many people are allergic to or have an intolerance for. You just have to try avoiding foods one at a time to see if you see an improvement. It's called an elimination diet.

However, even if you don't see a big improvement from avoiding dairy and wheat/gluten, you should limit them. They should not be a big part of your diet. There are several ways dairy contributes to acne besides intolerance.

wait ive been havin gluten and dairy my whole life and it doesnt seem like allergic. okay so do you think i should not have dairy for a week see how that turns out. then the next week not have gluten?? or should it be 2 weeks?? or longer

Guest missyjean130

What I would do,is experiment with subtracting those elements with your diet for a few months. That way you can't blame your monthly hormonal cycles for a bad breakout. You should also not switch the current products you're using on your face,because an increase/decrease of blemishes could be blamed on them instead of the new diet. Keep everything you possibly can as the constant,and try to keep the only variable gluten or milk. Don't test them at the same time.

wait ive been havin gluten and dairy my whole life and it doesnt seem like allergic. okay so do you think i should not have dairy for a week see how that turns out. then the next week not have gluten?? or should it be 2 weeks?? or longer

Many people have allergies and intolerances and don't know it until they avoid the food and discover they feel a lot better and various symptoms disappear.

I didn't know I was allergic to oranges and they were the cause of my severe cystic acne, until I stopped eating them.