Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JulyBaby86

Clear By 2010: My Accutane Journey!

julybaby lol ur a goof ball but its cute ...scrubs is the shit though...im on day 15 ur on day 11 pretty close together ...im sure this will do the trick .....what dose are u on? and how long will u be on it...im sure u will b so happy with the results within a few weeks/months ...and about guys most of em are all dogs lol trust me i use to be ...but it only gets u so far ....it only gets u layed i should say ...other than that u cant find love in playin games ......hope everythin is goin great for u are beautiful and thats all that matters.....peace girl

You started! Your course will really fly by, trust me.

As for the guy, if you've gone out a few times but just don't feel 100% wonderful about him, go on other dates. Your heart should be jumping out of your chest when you think about him, especially this early. You're so pretty, get that face out there and find some boys! :)

I totally agree with Angie...and I totally know how you feel JulyBaby because I do the same thing! It's like if he's too nice and too perfect, and there's no "chase" there's no drive to be interested in him! And then you just feel like, meh...

But I'm glad to hear that your side effects are not too bad so far! Hopefully it continues that way! :D

Hey chick. Good to hear that everything is going smoothly so far :D As for Ryan... well. In theory I agree with Miss Angie and geity87. If there's no spark now, there probably won't ever be. That said, it's mighty hard to end it with someone when you don't have a concrete reason. How do you think he would take it if you did? Otherwise just keep hanging out if you're enjoying it. Two mind sets: There is no point in being with someone if they're not "the one" OR Life's too short. If you're having fun, why end it in the hope of finding someone better. Is there something in particular that you dislike about him?

DAY 18

Haven't really updated because there hasn't been much to talk about.

I think the side effects are finally kicking it, I did wake up today with a cracked lip, but just in one spot, it didn't bleed or anything, but it kind of hurts. I've been getting nose bleeds too, but that's not unusual for me, I get them from allergy medicine also.

My face is finally feeling less oily, but its still not dry. I should mention I have still been using face wash with salicylic acid in it, and my clindamycin gel, and I will probably continue to use them both until my face becomes too dry.

My hair is definitely less oily though I used to go one day without washing it and it would be disgusting, and this week I went two days without washing, and barely any oil at all.

So, breakout wise, my skin the last two weeks has been the clearest its been in months, but that is starting to change, I used a pore strip last week and about 20 minutes after using it I had a huge zit on the left side of my nose, I think it may have been all the gunk not coming out all the way, and then yesterday I got 3 new actives on the right side of my face, two on my cheeks, and one on my jawline, nothing to serious, not sure if this it the start of my IB though, or because like most girls I break out before and sometimes during my period.

locolife357: I'm on 40mg right now, but i'm not sure how long i'm going to be on it, I would ask my derm, but the problem is she no longer accepts my insurance so I have to switch derms in december and i'm not sure how the process is going to work, I really don't want to switch because I love her and her staff is amazing, but I've been paying out of pocket and I can't afford to do it anymore :( What are you on and for how long? And no offense to you, but I prefer to call men pigs, dogs are too cute to call a man that. That doesn't apply to you though, I'm sure you are a sweetheart!

MissAngie: I always feel honored when you stop by, because I read your log religiously when waiting to start my treatment, and I still do!

About the boy I know you are all right, it's just hard because feeling not so good about my face right now, I want to wait until its clear before I start "dating" again, and I like having someone that already knows about the Accutane, and having that attention, and feeling like someone cares, but I know thats wrong to keep him hanging on when I know it won't work. Its also hard because, there isn't ANYTHING I don't like about him, I think the problem really is that i'm just not over the other guy. I feel like I should also mention he is friends with my ex the only guy to ever "break" my heart (he's not the band guy that I'm not over yet, he was before him) and we are still friends, and we both asked him if he minded before we went on out first date, just so you don't think we are horrible people, but sometimes I think that might be another reason I am having doubt. Relationships are just for annoyingly compilcated!

Thanks all for the advice, it really helps :D and sorry if my story just confused you, I kind of confused myself as I wrote it!

I totally was about to hit post then was like, idiot, you took pictures this morning, so here they are, straight out of the shower, so no moisturizer or anything yet:

post-109017-1256228824_thumb.jpgpost-109017-1256228836_thumb.jpgpost-109017-1256228843_thumb.jpg

The one from the front makes me look like I have a lazy eye, but I don't!

And I have to get somewhere, but wanted to update while I had a chance, so I'll be back later today or tomorrow to do my daily log reading, so again haven't forgotten about anyone, i'll be checking in soon :D

post-109017-1256228824_thumb.jpg

post-109017-1256228836_thumb.jpg

post-109017-1256228843_thumb.jpg

Edited by JulyBaby86

WOW. Almost no acne at all. Really, I can barely see anything in your no makeup pics, let alone the makeup ones. Beautiful!

Your hair color is gorgeous in both pics, I can't decide which is better.

DAY 20

So not much has changed, no new actives, the ones I did have are clearing up. Face no longer has any oil :dance: I am SO happy about that! I can tell the blackheads on my nose are trying to push there way out, they are getting darker and I can feel them now when I was my face.

Side effects: Skin still isn't dry, it may be a little drier than normal, but I have always been really good at moisturizing even way before Accutane, so that might be making a difference. Bloody nose is about the only thing that is every day, and kind of annoying. Other than that, lips are fine, no unusual pains, things are going well.

arwena: Thanks so much for all the compliments! This is actually the best my skin has been in a while, I'm pretty happy with it.

Edited by JulyBaby86

You are so pretty! And your skin is looking great. Sounds like it's smooth sailing at the moment, and yeh... guys are shit. :lol:

Hey :]

You are looking great! You are very, very pretty! With and without makeup!

You're already super clear; that's amazing. Your course is going to go well, I can tell.

Yes I know, isn't the less oil so nice! I wish it could stay that way forever!

DAY 26

I can't believe its almost been a month!

Went to the Dermatologist 2 days ago, she told me eveything looked good, so as long as the blood work comes back okay i'll be fine. I'm going to stay on 40mg the entire course, which will be 4 months, and I don't have bad acne, just persistent, and barely weigh 100 lbs, so I am okay with being on 40mg the whole time, kind of wish I could be on it longer though, but oh well.

Acne still about the same, just a few little ones, nothing major, except I do have one cyst on the right side of my nose under my eye, it makes the whole right side of my face look swollen, but I did it to myself so I can't be mad, it was a black head that I tried to push out a few times and that didn't work, and then the next day it was a zit, and for the next few days I tried to pop that, no such luck, so I just kept making it worse and worse and now its HUGE and it f-ing hurts, but I am going to get a cortisone shot today because I want it smaller and less painful for halloween tomorrow! I love cortisone shots! Other than that, every single pore on my face is a black head, its disgusting, but at least you can't see those with make-up on.

Side effects about the same, lips aren't too dry, skin is getting a little drier, haven't had a nose bleed in a while, I do have some back pain, but not sure if thats from the accutane or not, I always get on and off back pain throughout the year.

Thanks for all the compliments, couldn't do it without you guys!

DAY 38

I didn't realize it had been so long since I've posted. I just feel like my log is so boring, still not much going on. My skin looks great, practically clear, and (sorry in advance boys, I know you love period talk) this is the week before my period and I usually break out really bad, but only got a few tiny bumps. Skin and lips still aren't too dry, blackheads look like they are finally on there way out, haven't had a nose bleed in over a week. Still have to wear make-up because of scars and hyperpigmentation, but things are looking up!

Good to hear everything's going well! I wanted to ask you what make up do you use? It looks great in the photos from the previous page, such a good coverage, yet it doesn't look fake.

Thanks kimminz!

arewna: Thanks! Its Covergirl Trublend the whipped one and then the trublend powder also. For concealer I usually use Neutrogena skin clearing.