Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

How do I make my hair stay straight after using a straightener?

I have very thick wavy hair that always reverts back to normal in a couple of hours after using my hair straightener, it happens a lot quicker if it's windy or humid outside. How do I make it last longer? What products should I be using? :eh:

Guest missyjean130

Smoother serums :surprised:

Bed Head has a lot of really good stuff. Just look down the hair aisle,there's numerous products that aim for straight hair. Bed Head is a bit pricey though..

Yes, smoothing serums or flattening balms.

When I want my hair to stay super-straight, I use Goldwell Flat Marvel flattening balm on my hair after I've towel dried it. Then after I straighten it, I use Joico humidity spray and/or Healthy Sexy Hair Soya Want Flat Hair hairspray.

Make sure you use a ceramic straightener. My hair is a long giant mane, but when I straighten it with a good quality straightener, it stays.

This, too! My first straightener was one from Wal-Mart. It worked, but the style frizzed after a few hours (plus it felt like it snagged a lot). Then I switched to a Chi, and the style lasted a long time and it went much more smoothly through my hair. When my Chi died, I got a GHD, and I think I've now reached straightener nirvana. You can run it quickly through your hair and it still straightens perfectly, it never snags or pulls, and the style lasts forever.

Go for the ceramic straightener! Big difference when I switched to one.

Also, Redken has an anti-frizz shiner that blocks out humidity for the entire day. Great stuff.

Good luck!