Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrh39

Question about tea tree oil

I bought tea tree oil ultra mousturizing body wash by body essence it says it also contains olive oil has anyone ever tryed this an do u think it will be good for my skin or give me even more pimples any thoughts on this product would be greatly appreciated

Hi Mrh39,

I don't know about that specific product, but I use a medical moisturizing body wash for my totally dry skin and it didn't affect my acne at all. My stuff doesn't contain tee trea oil or olive oil but I know from my own experience that TTO is helping with the inflammations. The problem here is more, that most products don't contain enough of it to really help. And for the olive oil: I've heard that it is good for the skin, but no experience there.

If you have dry skin, I would say try it. My guess here is, that it could slightly improve your skin or it will have no effect at all. I doubt that will make things worse.

I have normal skin not to oily not to dry I just get break outs on shoulders an back.I dont want to be to oily an cause more break outs,Id like to have clear skin seems very hard for me.I was using dove an my skin cleared up then it started to break out again.

I'm using the same stuff, bought it because I knew about TTO and I had read a topic about olive oil on here. So far, I don't know if it's helping, but it's definitely not hurting.

Im still using it i dont seem to be breaking out anymore than normal an my skin is very soft feels so healthy an it smells great.Ill update if i get any bad side effects.

Idid notice tonight after my shower i might be getting a reddish-brownish type of rash im gonna keep using it an see if its the soap or just a fluke

Ok update to this topic I did stop using the tto soap from a rash. It got so bad i had to use aveeno body wash to calm it down.The i bought tto bar soap im thinking its buy paul mitchell an same rash appeared but i noticed it early an stopped before it got bad.Strange thing is i can use pure tto on my skin with no problem.

Ok update to this topic I did stop using the tto soap from a rash. It got so bad i had to use aveeno body wash to calm it down.The i bought tto bar soap im thinking its buy paul mitchell an same rash appeared but i noticed it early an stopped before it got bad.Strange thing is i can use pure tto on my skin with no problem.

The Body Shop makes really nice Tea Tree Oil soaps and cleansers that are natural and environmentally friendly. I used to have some and I liked it. A little pricey, but may be what you're looking for.