Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For as long as I can remember, I have always had acne scars. I have suffered from acne for 11 years now. Up to last year, I accepted my acne scars and barely thought about them. But for the last 10 months, I have been scarring very badly. I have had over 10 new acne scars in the last 10 months, some of them deep and wide. I just can't stop breaking out. I just can't stop scarring. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Fillers works great for rolling scars on the cheeks, but it doesn't work for the forehead, where most of my scars are. Subcision can be an option for me in the future when I have the downtime. Lasers are very risky(not to mention expensive) and I am scarred of it leaving my skin worse than it currently is. Keep in mind that I work and go to school and have no time for downtime. I still go out and hang out with friends but I ALWAYS know that my scars are there and that my chances of making it look better is slim to none. I've been thinking about them constantly for the last 10 months.

What am I to do really?

I know how bad you feel. I could say that "Well, just stay positive, my dear. There's always a mental beauty that creates stronger attraction than the physical one. Just think of other beautiful features of your body and feel happy about that", bloh blah... I absolutely could say that but it won't make sense as motivation is within yourself. In case you are so tired that you cannot push yourself to act as if you were happy, believe me, just leave it there, time will heal everything. People all have their gloomy days, months and even years.

Keep your head up man, i feel your pain, get Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar it'll stop your break outs for a FACT its a soap thats only about $3. Give it a shot

For as long as I can remember, I have always had acne scars. I have suffered from acne for 11 years now. Up to last year, I accepted my acne scars and barely thought about them. But for the last 10 months, I have been scarring very badly. I have had over 10 new acne scars in the last 10 months, some of them deep and wide. I just can't stop breaking out. I just can't stop scarring. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Fillers works great for rolling scars on the cheeks, but it doesn't work for the forehead, where most of my scars are. Subcision can be an option for me in the future when I have the downtime. Lasers are very risky(not to mention expensive) and I am scarred of it leaving my skin worse than it currently is. Keep in mind that I work and go to school and have no time for downtime. I still go out and hang out with friends but I ALWAYS know that my scars are there and that my chances of making it look better is slim to none. I've been thinking about them constantly for the last 10 months.

What am I to do really?

Hi don't give up hope.

I am like you, with deep scarring on my cheek (right) and jawline. But i undergone laser and subcision to treat them. We can't expect baby smooth skin anymore, just expect improvement to them. Now i can say that i am at least 'more satisfied' than before i went for any treatments. At least i know i have done 'something' to improve on my scars.

Save and go for those treatments. Who knows maybe in the near future there will be better treatments available to help treat our scarring. I was once like u who keptthinking about my scars everyday.

All the best.

Regards

I'm having the same problem, my scars are on my forehead and I already went to a dermatologist who recommended nothing because although I have annoying scars they are too shallow to ever really get rid of...so they are really just going to be there...forever.....and I'm only 19.....so I'm pretty much screwed...ah

Hey you should try ZENMED for acne scars it has work good for me itll get rid of ur scars in a month or so... its about 70 dollars so its not a lot .. You have to go to the website to order .If u have any other questions let me know

I does not need to happen unless we let it as I have learn't. Sure enough I have acne, but the worst part is the scarring. It can effect us in many ways though, but we should keep trying all the different ways to treat our skin.

Edited by bollywood

Hi, AcnePwns.

Many of us are in the same boat, and it feels like the ship is sinking. After years of trying and failing, I finally found an acne treatment that is working. And it's working in record time. So the next item on my agenda are scars. Something I've already researched heavily.

I'm not a fan of invasive procedures, which is all U.S. dermatologists have to offer. These procedures cause potentially irreparable damage to the skin.

The research I focused on was noninvasive procedures. The very best I've found, and the results are solid, is micro-needling with the Dermaroller. If you aren't familiar, 1.5mm needles enter the skin and (in effect) stimulate collagen production/formation. Over time, your collagen will fill depressions in the skin--icepick, boxcar and rolling scars.

If you DO NOT live in the U.K., like me, your only option at the moment is to order your own Dermaroller online. It's becoming widespread in the U.K., but hasn't made it over to U.S. shores yet. I recommend looking into it. Micro-needling boasts 80% improvement of scars in a period of 4 - 6 months. (Although I think 100% is possible, but I have a lot of work ahead of me to prove it.) Two important things I'd like to mention are: No more than 1 session a month is necessary, 2 max, any more will be counter productive. And you cannot have active acne where you roll.

Best of luck to... Us all, I guess. Ha, ha. Just hang in there.