Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomUK

Need advice on my acne.

Hi guys.

I'm an 18 year old male and I've suffered with acne for the past 3 years. I'm not going to go on about how bad it makes me feel etc but I'm sure you know what it's like.

I don't usually get as many spots now, but the thing that looks the worse on my face is all of the scars I have. They just look like little red spots.

I still get spot break outs though, mainly under my chin and around my nose. I get a spot that always breaks out in the same place on my nose, and it goes pretty huge and it's really embarrassing.

What's the best thing I can use to get rid of these scars? I'm in the UK so a suggestion of stuff I could buy over here would be great.

Thanks.

I'm going to move this to the scars subforum since you are wanting to know specific solutions to resolve them.

It sounds like you might have hyperpigmentation to me, which isn't actually scarring. Check out the 'Hyperpigmentation' tab on this page, and let us know if that sounds like what you've got. If it is, it's not permanent, and we have a whole board dedicated to it, including lots of threads about methods people have used to help fade it.

Hyperpigmentation - I've just read up on it and yeah that pretty much sounds like what I have. I'm in the UK, can any of you guys recommend any over the counter stuff? I'm going to see my doctor again soon about it, but last time he supplied me with some pills and cream but they didn't do a thing.

I've tried LOTS of different face creams and the one I'm using at the moment is the only one that lessens my break outs but you are only supposed to use it once a day. What else should I use with this? Just normal soap?

Any advice is appreciated.

Alright, I've moved this thread to the Red Marks Left After Acne page.

There are a lot of threads on this board about methods people have used to help speed the fading process of hyperpigmentation, including using ACV, extra virgin olive oil, AHA, and tape. Just look around, and see what catches your eye.