Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone ever feel like working out contributes to acne? Maybe the sweat clogs pores or something I really don't know... it's just, whenever I finish a run I feel refreshed, renewed and overall great until I look in the mirror and BAM new, inflamed red zits are pushing their way through... >.<

It doesn't help or hurt my skin. The only thing that poses a problem is if I don't shower immediately afterward I am guaranteed at least one pimple on my back, ew.

Yea bacne is no fun :(

But even after showering I still seem to get inflamed. This is really frustrating because I don't want to give up running for clear skin. :think:

Working out doesnt usually as I dont sweat profuesly during a work out (weights I mean), but during an aerobic workout or just any general excercise where I sweat alot (ie punchbag) then yeah I feel it definately affects my skin, after a bad sweating session I usually breakout the next day.

if your skin can handle it its normally a good idea to get oil off your skin after a workout :)

Does showering do this? Because I usually take my shower within 20 minutes afterwards (after cooldown, stretch, etc.)

Showering and using facewash will definately get rid of the sweat and oil, but Ive found the same as you, even if I shower straight after I still manage to break out

Let's not forget that exercise activates hormones and the lymphatic system. It benefits both in the long run though, so I'm gonna keep liftin heavy weights!

Let's not forget that exercise activates hormones and the lymphatic system. It benefits both in the long run though, so I'm gonna keep liftin heavy weights!

Good good! I like your style waka waka, just keep on keeping on!

Working out increases the blood flow and circulation so it tightens the skin. It also helps promote oxygen and nutrients needed to produce collagen.

You're generally supposed to wash your face [and body, for that matter... why be covered in sweat? :X] after working out so the sweat doesn't clog pores.

Plus, working out reduces stress...

Well im on the acne.org regimen so the BP is on my face while i work out then i take a shower and reapply so I think thats why I dont break out when I sweat but its not like a apply a third time i just make sure i work out in the morning and center my workouts around when i do my regimens.

dont quote me on this but, i think sweating can contribute to getting acne. i was told that sweating attracts all sorts of bacteria that makes infections and what not a lot more probable. i was given instructions to not work out and to not sweat for a whole week prior to dermaneedling.