Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kk95

Should i stop the regimen?

Well..im only 14 and i feel like i might be ruining my skin. Yeah i have acne, and it runs in my family. My bro has it, moderate or severe i dont even know, but i really dont want my skin getting to that. Its really mild actually, but im no wheres near "clear". It is really affecting my social life and how i feel about myself. dont get me wrong i have the best friends..and tonsa guy friends too. Just they i guess arent attracted to me like that probably partly my skin and cause i dont flirt cause i dont have much confindence... i do the regimen on my chin, front cheeks and forehead. My front cheeks and chin are red.. and ive been on the regimen for over a month. My forehead..the skin seems less irritated so i am gunna do the full regimen there. But i am really just gunna spot treat now. Any ideas ? does this seem like a bad idea?

hey. i suggest you should apply ice on your face to cool down. i have been doing it with no problems. no breakouts. you should get some ice, wrap it in a towel and get it wet. just stick it on your face awhile. taking some breaks in between to breathe. or u could always get a basin. put ice inside and water. then soak ur towel with it. but you must take note not to apply ice directly. cause it will irritate. and always use a clean towel. hoped i helped (:

ok thanks ! but like the regimen really didnt seem to help even though i am very prone to acne so ithink im just gunna spot treat with bp and aha.

maybe u started off with too much BP that could cause redness and drying. u should stick with it. but with less BP and moisterize more.. or u could always skip a few days. let ur skin recover before using lesser . just take it slow. it has small initial results. but worth it in the long run

not really sure..cause i followed the regimen precisely. I think my acne is so minor, i think the regimen helped a bit, but i really am just seeing my red marks and oily skin. my skin texture is also not smooth, because of so much bp.

How long have you been on the regimen? It takes time to get the acne cycle under control. Check out these links.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

If you want some feedback, comment on those links and the quiz and we'll do our best to help you get cleared up.

How long have you been on the regimen? It takes time to get the acne cycle under control. Check out these links.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

If you want some feedback, comment on those links and the quiz and we'll do our best to help you get cleared up.

ehhhh,i guess i will stick with the regimen..but only on my forehead. i have been on the regimen for over a month, and i have noticed improvement on my chin and front cheeks, but i think just spot treating there is better for me.

kk,

Don't give up just yet! You need to give the Regimen enough time to work. Acne can take a while to form and the "hardening effect" of BP can take a really long time for some people (myself included). While spot treating may seem like a good idea at first, you must remember that there is only so much you can do with it. With that, you are treating the acne after it's too late. With the Regimen, you are actually preventing acne from ever forming. One thing I noticed about your regimen products is that you are using CeraVe Mositurzing Lotion. Have you tried anything else? I also tried that one about a week ago, after hearing all of the rave reviews. Honestly, I absolutely loved it, but it was definitely not hydrating enough for my skin. I was irritated and flaky about an hour after each application. I've used Dan's and it is more efficient than CeraVe, but the best on the market is Cetaphil. All of my irritation is almost gone and I haven't even been using it for a week! So, you might want to try a different moisturizer...

In any case, I hope everything works out for you!

kk,

Don't give up just yet! You need to give the Regimen enough time to work. Acne can take a while to form and the "hardening effect" of BP can take a really long time for some people (myself included). While spot treating may seem like a good idea at first, you must remember that there is only so much you can do with it. With that, you are treating the acne after it's too late. With the Regimen, you are actually preventing acne from ever forming. One thing I noticed about your regimen products is that you are using CeraVe Mositurzing Lotion. Have you tried anything else? I also tried that one about a week ago, after hearing all of the rave reviews. Honestly, I absolutely loved it, but it was definitely not hydrating enough for my skin. I was irritated and flaky about an hour after each application. I've used Dan's and it is more efficient than CeraVe, but the best on the market is Cetaphil. All of my irritation is almost gone and I haven't even been using it for a week! So, you might want to try a different moisturizer...

Yeah, definitely try a different moisturizer. My skin looked sun burnt for a while - however, I was using cetaphil lotion because it seemed more hydrating, but I noticed whenever I used it, my skin looked HORRIBLY red. I started using vast amounts of Complex 15 and the redness stopped. I did an experiment where I used complex 15 in the morning then cetaphil at night. My skin was not red in the morning after Complex 15 usage, but it was red after I had used the Cetaphil before bed.

I'd say try different things. Complex 15 works without feeling greasy and doesn't cause irritation. You just have to use a lot of it for effectiveness.

And as Brandy said, don't spot treat. It doesn't really help. I learned that the hard way. It does NOTHING for prevention. You could also just lower the amount of BP. Let your skin sort of adjust to it. I've heard of people having redness for a while before it subsided.

I'd say go for another month of two. If the redness doesn't subside, your skin may just be too darn sensitive for it. Always give any regimen at least 2-3 months to work and for your skin to adjust.

kk,

Yeah, definitely try a different moisturizer. My skin looked sun burnt for a while - however, I was using cetaphil lotion because it seemed more hydrating, but I noticed whenever I used it, my skin looked HORRIBLY red. I started using vast amounts of Complex 15 and the redness stopped. I did an experiment where I used complex 15 in the morning then cetaphil at night. My skin was not red in the morning after Complex 15 usage, but it was red after I had used the Cetaphil before bed.

I'd say try different things. Complex 15 works without feeling greasy and doesn't cause irritation. You just have to use a lot of it for effectiveness.

And as Brandy said, don't spot treat. It doesn't really help. I learned that the hard way. It does NOTHING for prevention. You could also just lower the amount of BP. Let your skin sort of adjust to it. I've heard of people having redness for a while before it subsided.

I'd say go for another month of two. If the redness doesn't subside, your skin may just be too darn sensitive for it. Always give any regimen at least 2-3 months to work and for your skin to adjust.

thanks everyone ! its weird.. i just spot treated last night, and i wake up with a medium sized inflamed zit on my forhead ! i never get inflamed acne on my forehead...hm i wonder why? haha i guess i will be sticking with the regimen after all! as for the moisturizers..i tried a neutrogena one, and some other ones with spf(olay, cetaphil), and they all made me greasy. I am happy with cerave though, i am never greasy and dont get flakes. when i run out, i will try the cetaphil one without spf.