Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im about to start accutane tomorrow and im a little nervous about some of the side efects :think: . for example the pain and fitigue,because im am a varsity athlete and cant let my team down. also the whole long list of side effects.

anyone have any advice and/or comforting words for me? :pray:

thanks

Hi bballstar21,

I have been on acutane for 4 months now. The only side effect I get is dry lips, I mean, very very dry lips. But It is worth it because Acutane is the ONLY way to clear your skin. The cure rate is about 75%, but even if it doesn't cure it, the acne you will get after will be minor, maybe one in a month, and they will disappear after couple days.

I started Acutane too late is my only regret.I can't emphasize on how much Acutane has changed my life. But one thing you need to know is that don't get pregnant if you are a girl or don't break any bone in your body during the course of acutane.

If you're a serious athlete, you won't let some fatigue or muscle pains get to you. I played through so many injuries in high school it wasn't even funny. Everyone experiences side effects differently. I personally have pretty bad back pains, sore muscles, and fatigue, but I also don't drink much water and that's supposed to help with those side effects. So start drinking as much water as you can and think about taking fish oil pills as well. You'll be fine and you'll have clear skin.

I'm not sure what being male has to do with it? :think:

I wouldn't worry about breaking a bone. Season doesn't start until November, unless you're playing summer ball, so you have some time to adjust to the Tane. If it becomes a problem, you can bring it up to your derma.

the one dude said dont get pregnant if im a girl and thats why i said im a male but my team pracitices and scrimmages all summer so ive been playing but i should be cool.

thanks for your replies. :D

Don't take any Fish Oil with Vitiman A in them.

read your I Pledge book it talks about sports,bones and accutane in the book.

Let your derm know you play sports.

Good Luck

Hi! Don't worry too much about the side effects. I remember before I started my treatment (2 months ago) that I googled Accutane and its side effects over and over and all it did was worry me. The only side effect that I have experienced are the dry lips which Aquaphor helps really well with. I might have had dry eyes and some fatique here and there, but who knows what from- it could just be from lack of rest.

This whole experience has been a lot less scary than I thought it would be... and it has made me much more hopeful and confident in myself. Even when a new spot appears (and yes, at 2 months they are still popping up here and there)- the thought of having all this be behind me soon keeps me going.

You should check out this website *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *. It goes over the Accutane side effects really thoroughly. You'll learn that the scary side effects (depression, hair loss, etc.) have occurred with a very small % of users. Hope this helps!

thank you for your reply,but im a male. and what happens if i break a bone?

hey im playing sports to just try to avoid getting hurt at all costs, im playing baseball right now just dont think about it and most likly it wont happen.