Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Journeym

Will I still be able to grow facial hair?

Hi, I'm a 19 year old guy who has suffered from acne for close to 5 years, tried lots of different prescriptions.

Last summer break, my dad took me to a clinic nearby that did VBeam and Smoothbeam treatment packages for a relatively inexpensive price, but unfortunately they closed down and the only clinics in our area are now too expensive.

My dad did buy/get me a prescription for an "in-home" laser treatment system, which I think is basically a less powerful version of other heat-delivered lasers. The ClearTouch Lite.

http://www.radiancy.com/USA/ctl.htm

Anyway, I'm not sure how the ClearTouch Lite works vs other laser systems, but have any guys heard of anything about lasers affecting the hair follicles on your face at all? I can't grow much of a beard now, but I would REALLY like to grow some facial hair as soon as it starts coming in more thickly (hopefully 2-3 years down the road at most), so I just want to make sure laser treatments won't jeopardize it at all.

Thanks a lot!