Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

some people can eat alot of junkfood and rarely have acne

it's true! i see my friends eating way unhealthier than me and they don't have as bad acne as me. i never eat junkfood or deepfried foods. it's so sad. i wish i could enjoy food like that and be so carefree about problems and skin.

I see it everyday of work. Most of the kids I work with and I call them kids cause I am old enough to be their mother eat all the fried food, ice cream and gallons of soda that they can shove down their gullet! and never get a pimple, not a spot, red mark, oily skin or enlarged pore. Meanwhile, I eat healthy, no fried foods, soda or ice cream and I still break out! SUCKS!!!! One girl has such peaches and cream skin I just want to smack her! No one drinks water at work other than my boss who I am older than too. Seems like anyone who gets hired on has perfect skin and I am like ( who did I piss off in another life?!) Now I battle wrinkles, gray hair, lines, puffiness and all that lovely "change of life" crap that comes with my age. JUST PERFECT! Can hardly wait to see what my late 50's bring. Elf.

honestly, I used to be very conscious of diet. I only drank three liquids for a 2-3 year span (water, orange juice, and milk), with water being the primary drink. I ate fast food maybe 2-3 times a year, and would eat home cooked meals instead. Sometimes I would fix up a vegetable/fruit shake, and i would eat at least 2 bananas a day. And you know something, from my memory, I started breaking out a lot less. I remember I used to think, "man, if i only did this as a pre-adolescent/ young teenager, I would have never broken out". But as of recently, I've been eating a lot less healthy. I find myself eating out more than I usually do. I ate more pizza this year than I have throughout that 2-3 year diet period. Ocassionally I'll just grab some ice cream from the fridge and spoon the chocolate right from the bucket into my mouth. The breakout rate is almost exactly the same as it was during that 2-3 year span. Eat healthy can do no harm. But if it's truly a pain for you to stay healthy, then dont sweat over eating a few cheeseburgers here and there. Dont stop a tastebud party from something that isn't even proven to be correlated with acne.

haha its pretty unfair, all my friends drink all the time and eat grossly unhealthy things and dont even think about their skin, while i force myself to eat this nasty healthy food, dont get me wrong some health food is good but since starting BC all i do is crave bad food, everyone knows about my weird eating habbits (as they would say) i havent eaten a dessert in five years or soda or fast food or anything that is really horrible for you.

i like to think of the long run though, my body will be always a lot better because of this food and my teeth will be whiter, so while they enjoy there maybe twenty minutes of pleasure with that food i just remember its not worth it. for me diet does effect my skin but thats not that case for everyone.

id just recomend eating healthy because of all the benefits, and i actually feel a lot better mentally and physically when i force the good foods inside me. (i always beat myself up and feel so guilty after eating even kinda badly)

but i also agree some with peanutbutterbrother, you should eat a couple things here and there to treat yourself.

Let them eat all that fast food, your really not missing out, remember fast food doesn't always lead to acne but will always lead to a little thing called HIGH CHOLESTEROL, OBESITY, DIABETES, well you get the point. I completely agree with the above post as eating healthier makes you feel better because basically eating that shit that fast food chains serve is super unnatural, and not we are supposed to be eating. Basically don't even be concerned about your intake of fast food, it basically isn't even worth thinking about.

hey guys! thanks for all the replies! still, i'd like to only have at least light to moderate acne appearing rather than cystic acne appearing from eating junk food. not that i ever eat junk food. everytime i go to the theatres with friends they may buy a huge bag of popcorn and during movies they will offer me some and i try to avoid it completely lol. popcorn is a major nono for me cus i'd break out insanely the next day.

I feel like a bit of a loser as I live junk food lol. I only get acne if I over-eat now, but I'm on vitamin B5 and have previously been on accutane so...

Don't get me wrong though, I have tried the paleo diet and extreme diets consisting of only meat and veg, but it adversely affected my energy levels and I didn't see any improvement in my acne.

I feel like bitch slapping every person that sais "food does not cause acne" "or there's no proof" some people are lucky and it doesn't. For those of us that do, we have to eat like chipmunks.

your all wondering why those people who eat junk and drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes don't seem to have bad skin eh?

well, health isn't just about skin.

for them to continue to be healthy after eating junk defies the laws of nature, so don't worry about them and think about how you can improve your health and skin.

Surely a person with good health and strong skin won't be affected by some junk food, (what's the point in having strong health/skin if you can't take it some bad stuff now and then?), but if they abuse it, you can bet atleast their health WILL decrease.

/

man i know exactly wat you are talkin about, im the only one that seems to be suffering with acne in my family and im talkin about my immediate and relative, Im as healthy as ever, im talkin about my peak of healthiness and yet i get moderate to severe acne, I follow great hygiene I play by the book and yet this curse plagues, I eat extremely healthy while my cousins or friends are eating a big fat juicy burger im stuck drinking water with a salad, just lookin at the burger gives me acne and yet they are unscathed, no red mark no blemish no nothing and it pisses me off so much that they get to enjoy that food whenever they want while i have to be extremely conscious about what im eating

it sucks and im determined to rid me of this plague

I eat applepie like once a month and people are like do you have acne from eating chocolate. I never eat chocolate and I eat healthy and still have bad skin. So just brake these sterotypes please, it is unfair. So I am going to be free not caring about what people think and eat tons of applepie and chocolate.

I feel a bit harsh and douchebaggish right now, so here goes...

Some people eat alot of junk food, poutain, pizza, eff drink 10 red bulls a day and get perfect clear skin. While you may have big cystic zits after eating a gram of chocolate. Or...maybe your on a holistic diet, and somehow your skin is still breaking out like a bubbling volcano...

That seems pretty unfair.

Bill Gate's children vs children in Africa

Heir of billions, living in mansions, having everything in the world. The fridge size of a school bus, filled with every type of food. Cooks and servants waiting on their every move.

You're a small boy, maybe just 5 or 6 years old. Your parents have long departed from AIDS, a plague thats been effecting alot of people you knew. Now you live with your grandma, and she's not very able. You don't even have electricity, let alone internet for you to go to ask questions about your problems. Sometimes you eat one meal a day, sometimes you don't eat at all. You long for a piece of chocolate, something you only ever seen rich people eat on the streets as you salvage rotten pieces of vegetables and fruit. Barely any food, theres no point of having a fridge. And the world seems angry at you, for you don't even have a solid roof over your head. And in the morning, you walk kilometers to find fresh water...

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm happy to be who I am, acne or no acne. Have faith guys, we'll all be healthier in the end :)

I feel a bit harsh and douchebaggish right now, so here goes...

Some people eat alot of junk food, poutain, pizza, eff drink 10 red bulls a day and get perfect clear skin. While you may have big cystic zits after eating a gram of chocolate. Or...maybe your on a holistic diet, and somehow your skin is still breaking out like a bubbling volcano...

Bill Gate's children vs children in Africa

Heir of billions, living in mansions, having everything in the world. The fridge size of a school bus, filled with every type of food. Cooks and servants waiting on their every move.

You're a small boy, maybe just 5 or 6 years old. Your parents have long departed from AIDS, a plague thats been effecting alot of people you knew. Now you live with your grandma, and she's not very able. You don't even have electricity, let alone internet for you to go to ask questions about your problems. Sometimes you eat one meal a day, sometimes you don't eat at all. You long for a piece of chocolate, something you only ever seen rich people eat on the streets as you salvage rotten pieces of vegetables and fruit. Barely any food, theres no point of having a fridge. And the world seems angry at you, for you don't even have a solid roof over your head. And in the morning, you walk kilometers to find fresh water...

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm happy to be who I am, acne or no acne. Have faith guys, we'll all be healthier in the end :)

this was just what i needed to read/hear...thanks. honestly. it's time to get over myself and enjoy myself in any way i can, then roll with the breakouts and other setbacks as they come. if someone is not even willing to get to know you because you're short, fat, skinny, lost an arm, have bad acne, going bald, any multitude of things which change the way you look - even if you have an outstanding personality - they aren't worth knowing. The people you do meet with your condition are some of the most kind, honest, and helpful people around. I see no reason to be depressed about that. Again...thanks.