Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ek42

Ultra severe body acne

Alright hopefully my story and experiences will help someone and maybe someone can help me out. If you have less then 20 pimples on your back chest and/or body, not to sound rude but dont bother reading this (and I wish i could be you). If you have an uncountable amount along with scars and red marks then welcome my friends.

Alright well my story begins about 5 years ago when i started getting acne break outs heavily on my face. This didnt concern my too much as my family doctor "reassured" me its just a period in life the most teenagers go through. The acne then started spreading to my neck chest shoulders and upper arms. At this point we went back to the doctor and she prescribed me tretinion cream and told me to visit a dermatologist. (at this point i was also using a vast amount of neutrogena products, stridex products, and other acne fighting products). I went to see the dermatologist and she told me to go on accutane and after reading the side effects the monthly blood tests I refused (first big big mistake). So the dermatologist just told me to continue using the tretinoin cream prescribed by my family doctor. I used the cream for about a month with very minimal improvements. At around this time proactive started to become big and i decided to give it a try and stopped with the tretinion cream. I used proactive for about 3 months with decent improvements on my face and very few body improvements, also at this point my bacne started to spread lower down. Finally something good happened my family went on a cruise of course i didnt take my shirt off but my face was exposed. At the end of the trip i got a nasty sunburn but my face was 100% clear something that neutrogena, proactive, stridex, and the other garbage couldnt have done. This clearness lasted for about 2 months then started getting breakouts on my face again however it was somewhat controllable however my back shoulders chest and even now upper arms were covered in acne and scars that were left behind from it. I started using deferent remedies I saw on the internet most were little to no improvement. Then one of my moms co-workers told her about a product called zap-it! this is probably one of the better products I used helped control my face and improve my body acne a little. However after a few weeks of improvement things went down hill and stopped again. At this point my whole body was pretty much covered in acne excluding my stomach lower arms and below my hips. At this point it seemed like only accutane could do the trick. So I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed my 40 mg for the first month then 80 mg for the 4 months after. At the end of the 5th month my face completely clear and breakouts stopped (on my face other than maybe one or 2 occasionally) I had no side effects other than dry lips and all my blood tests turned out fine. However my body was not cleared from acne, it looked better but it was still breaking out. I told my doctor to put me on 120mg of accutane but she said no and that i needed a break before I would begin treatment again. So i waited 2 week and the breakouts on my back and body were getting worse and worse. So I went to another dermatologist and told him to put me on 120mg he said alright and that ill be on it for 3 months more months. At the end of the 3 months, no side effects again except dry lips, my back did look alot better but was covered in scars and redmarks and was still breaking out my chest was pretty clear except a few pimples here and there and the acne on my arms was slowly receding. But anyways at the end of the 3 months i went to the doctors office and he came in he said wow you look great your face and neck are completely clear and i was like yea and showed him my back he examined it and said that ill be on it 3 more months at 120mg a day. Right now im about to Finnish my 9th month of accutane and pretty much lost all hope if anyone has any suggestions to increase the effectiveness of this drug or some kind of body wash that works create along with accutane please do help

Alright hopefully my story and experiences will help someone and maybe someone can help me out. If you have less then 20 pimples on your back chest and/or body, not to sound rude but dont bother reading this (and I wish i could be you). If you have an uncountable amount along with scars and red marks then welcome my friends.

Alright well my story begins about 5 years ago when i started getting acne break outs heavily on my face. This didnt concern my too much as my family doctor "reassured" me its just a period in life the most teenagers go through. The acne then started spreading to my neck chest shoulders and upper arms. At this point we went back to the doctor and she prescribed me tretinion cream and told me to visit a dermatologist. (at this point i was also using a vast amount of neutrogena products, stridex products, and other acne fighting products). I went to see the dermatologist and she told me to go on accutane and after reading the side effects the monthly blood tests I refused (first big big mistake). So the dermatologist just told me to continue using the tretinoin cream prescribed by my family doctor. I used the cream for about a month with very minimal improvements. At around this time proactive started to become big and i decided to give it a try and stopped with the tretinion cream. I used proactive for about 3 months with decent improvements on my face and very few body improvements, also at this point my bacne started to spread lower down. Finally something good happened my family went on a cruise of course i didnt take my shirt off but my face was exposed. At the end of the trip i got a nasty sunburn but my face was 100% clear something that neutrogena, proactive, stridex, and the other garbage couldnt have done. This clearness lasted for about 2 months then started getting breakouts on my face again however it was somewhat controllable however my back shoulders chest and even now upper arms were covered in acne and scars that were left behind from it. I started using deferent remedies I saw on the internet most were little to no improvement. Then one of my moms co-workers told her about a product called zap-it! this is probably one of the better products I used helped control my face and improve my body acne a little. However after a few weeks of improvement things went down hill and stopped again. At this point my whole body was pretty much covered in acne excluding my stomach lower arms and below my hips. At this point it seemed like only accutane could do the trick. So I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed my 40 mg for the first month then 80 mg for the 4 months after. At the end of the 5th month my face completely clear and breakouts stopped (on my face other than maybe one or 2 occasionally) I had no side effects other than dry lips and all my blood tests turned out fine. However my body was not cleared from acne, it looked better but it was still breaking out. I told my doctor to put me on 120mg of accutane but she said no and that i needed a break before I would begin treatment again. So i waited 2 week and the breakouts on my back and body were getting worse and worse. So I went to another dermatologist and told him to put me on 120mg he said alright and that ill be on it for 3 months more months. At the end of the 3 months, no side effects again except dry lips, my back did look alot better but was covered in scars and redmarks and was still breaking out my chest was pretty clear except a few pimples here and there and the acne on my arms was slowly receding. But anyways at the end of the 3 months i went to the doctors office and he came in he said wow you look great your face and neck are completely clear and i was like yea and showed him my back he examined it and said that ill be on it 3 more months at 120mg a day. Right now im about to Finnish my 9th month of accutane and pretty much lost all hope if anyone has any suggestions to increase the effectiveness of this drug or some kind of body wash that works create along with accutane please do help

How's your diet?

How's your diet?

Surprisingly I eat pretty healthy, exercise 3 times a week. I try to avoid milk as a lot of people said that dairy has caused them acne. I may have an occasional fast food meal here and there but most of the stuff I eat is home cooked. For a while I was taking vitamins a, b6, zinc, and omega-3 fish oil. (like i said i did a lot of research and these were supposed to help) once I started accutane i cut off from every thing but last couple of weeks started taking fish oil and b vitamins again. Then stopped when I saw that b vitamins increase your metabolism and wanted to keep isoteritionin in my body as long as i could. The only non healthy habit i have is smoking (started 3-2 years after i got my acne) but im pretty sure thats not tied to my acne if anything it keeps my stress down.

How's your diet?

Surprisingly I eat pretty healthy, exercise 3 times a week. I try to avoid milk as a lot of people said that dairy has caused them acne. I may have an occasional fast food meal here and there but most of the stuff I eat is home cooked. For a while I was taking vitamins a, b6, zinc, and omega-3 fish oil. (like i said i did a lot of research and these were supposed to help) once I started accutane i cut off from every thing but last couple of weeks started taking fish oil and b vitamins again. Then stopped when I saw that b vitamins increase your metabolism and wanted to keep isoteritionin in my body as long as i could. The only non healthy habit i have is smoking (started 3-2 years after i got my acne) but im pretty sure thats not tied to my acne if anything it keeps my stress down.

I'm not trying to preach or anything but smoking is very bad for your skin among other things of course. If you really want a stress reliever I would try Yoga. I've found it to be very satisfying. There are all sorts of videos out there that you can buy and do yoga in front of your tv.

How's your diet?

I'm not trying to preach or anything but smoking is very bad for your skin among other things of course. If you really want a stress reliever I would try Yoga. I've found it to be very satisfying. There are all sorts of videos out there that you can buy and do yoga in front of your tv.

Here are a few interesting facts about body acne, especially Back acne or "bacne". There are very little to no sebaceous glands on the back (or back of the arms, back of the neck, etc..) Most of these are found on the face. For acne to be found on the back, it is a result of LONG time abuse internally. By the time it really got your attention and made you change your diet and start researching, the damage to your liver was bad enough to send it to the back.

If we have acne on the back, it is in direct corralation with the lymph system underlying the skin. This system is reporting what is coming from the liver and the blood, filtering toxins from diet. To stop eating "bad junk food" and suddenly deciding to pop some vitamins isn't going to magically put your liver in a good mood. The more severe the breakouts, the worse shape this organ is in. It will take a long time of a new lifestyle to strengthen and relieve the stress found there.

Some interesting things learned in the first two weeks of Pharmacy Schooling: "Antibiotics should NEVER be taken for more than 2 weeks. Longer than that is just bad medicine." We have good bacteria in the body, and those antibiotics are robbing you of your opportunity to heal and work on your own. Antibiotics for the skin actually just act as an anti inflammatory. These are definately not addressing the real issue, just disguising them. A two week course every several months for relief is one matter, but to live on doxycyline, monocycline, or many others of the like, is just "Bad medicine."

Here are a few interesting facts about body acne, especially Back acne or "bacne". There are very little to no sebaceous glands on the back (or back of the arms, back of the neck, etc..) Most of these are found on the face. For acne to be found on the back, it is a result of LONG time abuse internally. By the time it really got your attention and made you change your diet and start researching, the damage to your liver was bad enough to send it to the back.

If we have acne on the back, it is in direct corralation with the lymph system underlying the skin. This system is reporting what is coming from the liver and the blood, filtering toxins from diet. To stop eating "bad junk food" and suddenly deciding to pop some vitamins isn't going to magically put your liver in a good mood. The more severe the breakouts, the worse shape this organ is in. It will take a long time of a new lifestyle to strengthen and relieve the stress found there.

Some interesting things learned in the first two weeks of Pharmacy Schooling: "Antibiotics should NEVER be taken for more than 2 weeks. Longer than that is just bad medicine." We have good bacteria in the body, and those antibiotics are robbing you of your opportunity to heal and work on your own. Antibiotics for the skin actually just act as an anti inflammatory. These are definately not addressing the real issue, just disguising them. A two week course every several months for relief is one matter, but to live on doxycyline, monocycline, or many others of the like, is just "Bad medicine."

So what should one with body acne do then? You can't just come in here and play doctor and not offer any solution to the problem except "live healthy for a long time". Most of the guys in here suffering from body acne is already eating very healthy and have tried different kind of diets etc. for their acne.

I recommend that you take vitamins everyday, like you were doing, and change your diet to about 70% raw foods daily.

Do it, it will heal you from the inside out, trust me. Do some research on raw foods if you don't know too much. Some may think it's expensive, but it's not, you just have to be smart about what kinds of foods you want to put in your body. It may cost a bit more than processed foods, but having beautiful skin and great health is worth it. Tremendous happiness will follow.

Good luck to you hun.

Hey,

I also had severe body acne that resisted all conventional acne treatments, including a buttload of antibiotics, topicals, birth control and even accutane. Nothing worked for me no matter how much I hoped it would, not even dietary measures or supplements.

What did work for me, and lots of other people here in the body acne forum, is Head and Shoulders shampoo as a body wash or leaving it on the skin. I'm nearly 100% clear on my back, neck, and chest now, it's wonderful. My body acne was so severe that it took me several months of using it to become clear, however.

The reason H&S works so well is because body acne is often misdiagnosed as traditional acne. Sometimes, though, it's caused by a fungus instead of a bacteria, which is why so many acne treatments fail on body "acne". H&S and other dandruff shampoos work because they stop fungal infections on your skin.

Give it a try, and see how it works for you. Search for Head and Shoulders and folliculitis posts in this forum for more answers.

Good luck :)