Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RAWRdinosaur

Why is it so crucial to apply BP first BEFORE moisturiser?

This may sound like a silly question but I would really like to know! :think:

I am not doubting that this is the best way for the regimen to work I'm just simply wondering why...

Any helps would be great!

Thanks

Applying it before the moisturizer allows it to penetrate your skin better.

Think of it this way: moisturizers aim to hydrate your skin, but also to create a layer of oils and whatnot on the surface of your skin to help prevent moisture from evaporating--kind of locking it in. If you apply BP after moisturizer, it's sitting on top of all of that, so it's that much harder for it to be absorbed into your skin.

Oh ok! Thanks for your help!

If you don't mind I have another question:

Would it not be better to lightly and gently pat on the moisturiser, after you let the bp sink in so that you don't move the left over bp around your face?

I've noticed that after 15-20 mins I can still feel a light layer of bp on my skin when I moisturise so that means I'm moving that layer around? Unless that's a good thing?

Thanks again in advance! :D

Oh ok! Thanks for your help!

If you don't mind I have another question:

Would it not be better to lightly and gently pat on the moisturiser, after you let the bp sink in so that you don't move the left over bp around your face?

I've noticed that after 15-20 mins I can still feel a light layer of bp on my skin when I moisturise so that means I'm moving that layer around? Unless that's a good thing?

Thanks again in advance! :D

Moving that extra bit of BP around while moisturizing might allow it to absorb a teeny bit more. Even if it doesn't, it's not going to hurt anything.