Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serial_Spectre

The better it gets, the worse you feel?H

Has anyone ever felt, that the better and clearer your face gets, you become more self conscious of your facial condition. Even though you're improving, you just psychologically begin to pick more at the little imperfections such as a pimple or a bump here and there, even if before you had clusters of them covering your face.

It just seems to me like the harshest judge of you is yourself.

Has anyone ever felt, that the better and clearer your face gets, you become more self conscious of your facial condition. Even though you're improving, you just psychologically begin to pick more at the little imperfections such as a pimple or a bump here and there, even if before you had clusters of them covering your face.

It just seems to me like the harshest judge of you is yourself.

lol, so true

I remember about a year ago I just wanted to be able to run my hand across my forehead without feeling spots. Now, when I feel one I get all agitated and pissed off that I'm still dealing with all this shit. That's life though!

At first I thought is that possible...

But after reading, I understand what you're trying to say. It's like the current breakout takes over your mind, and now you can't remember what it's like to feel normal. Now you're so used to skin being the first thing on your mind, and there isn't any time to think about other things.

Sickeningly true. After getting clear, a small breakout can set me off. I apply the Reigmen religiously without holding off on BP even a little bit, for fear of the acne coming back.

It's not to say that my self-esteem has not gone up or anything, because it definitely has, and I feel better about day-to-day activities and hanging out. But yeah, getting a little thing here or there is now the most annoying thing ever.

My brother tells me I spend most of my day in front of the mirror. Guh. :'|

i agree .. a lot of the time your harshest critic is yourself. i think it's good to be tough on yourself in some areas, but we're all entitled to a break from internal and external expectations.

i'm not more self-conscious than i was before. i'm much happier, and have started to do things i've always wanted to do. but i am noticing things about my appearance that i don't like .. things i didn't have a problem with before. it's a never-ending cycle that i need to put an end to. it took being clear to realize that .. deep down what i truly want from life doesn't depend on what a mirror reflects.