Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sternygirl

two things: sunburn & waxing

Hi everyone-

two things- I am almost a month off of the Tane (woo hoo)

I was in the sun the past few days (70 on the face, 15 on the body)- I usually turn dark without burning...

I noticed a lump on my upper pec area---I don't know if its swelling from being in the sun. Anyone have something similiar- is it a reaction to the sun? I just saw this yesterday after showering- I do lift 3x a week but I know it's not from that.

Also- when can I go and get a brow wax? 6 months! Holy cow. I am WAY overdue!

Thanks!

Yes, please wait at least 6 months to wax. No kidding. Tweezing is fine, but waxing is definitely off limits.

As for the lump, I've not heard of that before. How big is this lump? Does it have a head? Is it under the skin?

Hmm! Where did you swim? Maybe you got bit or stung? Does it itch or is it discolored?

[Hi, I didn't go swimming. Just laid out (with SPF) --and didn't notice the raised bump until the next day.

No itch, a bit red (but I'm also a bit sunburned...)- but nothing more.

Lol yeah i didn't get the don't wax memo.... I had people asking me what happened when I had skin missing under my brows.

I wasn't off of it....I'm still on it as we speak...I just thought the place that did it sucked so each time I'd go to a different place.

I got it done like every other month since I started accutane and every time the results(of waxing) have been worse. The last time actually ended up with scabs forming. Looked a little like I got hit in the face.

oh yea---i'm surprised they would even do it - don't they ask if you are on any topical stuff or medication that makes your skin sensitive?

Most of the places I would go to always asked- kind of covering their butts too.