Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giveback

Retin-A and spf question

Im on my last tube of Retisol-A (tretinoin with sunscreen) and I can no longer afford to buy a new one because it can only be bought in Canada and I'm residing in the Philippines. Obviously, I put retisol-a in the morning because of the built-in sunscreen and BP at night.

My question is, If im going to replace retisol-a with retin-a, Can i use the retin-A in the morning too? Im hesitant to mix the retin-a with spf type of moisturizers..

I've not heard of wearing retin-a during the day because of the photosensitivity factor. You may need to alternate with using retin-a one night and bp the next night. If anyone uses retin-a during the day, hopefully you'll get a different response.

eta: I don't see why you can't use it during the day if you give it time to penetrate the skin and then apply spf moisturizer.

Thank you so much. Its nice to know that I can still continue my regimen of Tretinoin in the AM :) Thanks Mod!

You're welcome. :) You taught me something. I didn't even know there was a topical retin-a with built in spf. That's pretty cool!