Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so im about to be on my 4th day and i do kind of feel my lips getting chaped but no other side effects, so my question is when did the side effects kick on for most on this. o im also on 1 pill this month just to start at 40 mgs?

Ok so im about to be on my 4th day and i do kind of feel my lips getting chaped but no other side effects, so my question is when did the side effects kick on for most on this. o im also on 1 pill this month just to start at 40 mgs?

I started on on one 40mg/day Claravis pill too, so i guess i'm qualified to answer this. Not to scare you, but after 5 to 7 days I got the IB. That lasted another 5-7 days (though it was really bad for maybe 2). That might sound like a long time now, but by month 2 or 3 when you skin clears up, you will be happy to have endured it.

I started on on one 40mg/day Claravis pill too, so i guess i'm qualified to answer this. Not to scare you, but after 5 to 7 days I got the IB. That lasted another 5-7 days (though it was really bad for maybe 2). That might sound like a long time now, but by month 2 or 3 when you skin clears up, you will be happy to have endured it.

well i guess thats good news and bad news, but yea i mean on accutane u gotta expect the ib so im ready for it and guess you gotta just wait it up, did u get bumped up to 2 pills the 2nd month? oh and where did you break out mostly? i heard its in spots that really dont break out so mine would probably be on my neck i usally dont get pimples there.

well i guess thats good news and bad news, but yea i mean on accutane u gotta expect the ib so im ready for it and guess you gotta just wait it up, did u get bumped up to 2 pills the 2nd month? oh and where did you break out mostly? i heard its in spots that really dont break out so mine would probably be on my neck i usally dont get pimples there.

Thats how I looked at it... it sucks, but this is what you signed up for, so make the best of it.

My dermatologist was pretty hands off. He wrote the prescriptions and talked to me every month, but as far as determining the dosage, it was my call. I did 40mg for 3 months, then 60 for the last 2.

Oh- and for me the IB was on the chin/cheek area. Lots of whiteheads, which I was really scared to pop because i didnt want any chance at more scarring. Good luck.

I actually got my IB on my neck mostly and a few on my scalp suprisingly. As far as what to expect, if you keep up on moisturizing and use a gentle cleanser then it's really not that bad. I'm on 80mg for month 2 and still doing fine with the dryness, the only thing to avoid is getting too much sun with no sunblock. I went camping last week and wow did I get burned bad from being exposed to the sun all day.

Thats how I looked at it... it sucks, but this is what you signed up for, so make the best of it.

My dermatologist was pretty hands off. He wrote the prescriptions and talked to me every month, but as far as determining the dosage, it was my call. I did 40mg for 3 months, then 60 for the last 2.

Oh- and for me the IB was on the chin/cheek area. Lots of whiteheads, which I was really scared to pop because i didnt want any chance at more scarring. Good luck.

when did your face get dry, cus i mean right now im just waking up with kind of chapped lips it does look like its doing stuff though.

I actually got my IB on my neck mostly and a few on my scalp suprisingly. As far as what to expect, if you keep up on moisturizing and use a gentle cleanser then it's really not that bad. I'm on 80mg for month 2 and still doing fine with the dryness, the only thing to avoid is getting too much sun with no sunblock. I went camping last week and wow did I get burned bad from being exposed to the sun all day.

thanks ima use a 70 spf lotion and i do put moisturizer on every day and been putting chap stick on every day maybe thats y it not noticing that. but im on day 4 we will see what happens in a few days, ima grit it out.

when did your face get dry, cus i mean right now im just waking up with kind of chapped lips it does look like its doing stuff though.

Hard to say with exact precision given it was in early february, but I would say it took about two weeks.

Hard to say with exact precision given it was in early february, but I would say it took about two weeks.

any thing else to look out for?

its different for everyone. but everything will probably start to reveal after about two weeks. your IB will start then, dryness will not be that serious nor the lips,, and you might feel joint pain.

but the IB is what'll get you. and since you're starting out (and this is prob your first time on tane), don't expect someone elses' number of how many days it took for the IB to dissipate to be the same as yours. they can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. unfortunately, mine was the latter.

because you're starting out, take vitamin E to help with the IB. good luck.