Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys. So today I was all excited because I was going to the dermatologist again!

Well. I got in, and waited for him. Thinking of all these questions to ask him.

He walks in. Looks at my face once, and then just writes me a prescription for Tetracycline.

He didn't that many questions. Or anything.

I asked him about my red marks and what I could for them. He said there wasn't really anything to do for redmarks except not get pimples in the first place. Which is true, but I guess I wanted a better answer..

So I felt like he could have done a better job for as much as we pay him.

I'm not sure if I want to switch from Cephalexin to Tetracycline because my skin is looking better than it ever has in months.

On another discussion;

When he used the term pimple, I kinda wanted to cringe.

I like saying I have acne.

The words Pimple, and Zits just make it sound more..dirtier?

So on topic;

Do you believe in your Dermatologist as a hero?

Do you dislike the terms Pimples and Zits?

I hate dermatologists, everytime I go for acctuane follow ups I get a different one. I feel that I am a number to them. I hate that.

I hate saying the words zits, pimple. I hate saying any words related to acne for that matter. Anytime I hear anyone talk about them or even on tv i turn red.

Sorry that you had to experience a bad dermatologist. You have to get lucky because there are some that actually care about your condition.

Yeah. I know. I kinda wanna be one when I grow up, actually.

I tried to get another dermatologist, but you have to have a note from a doctors to get in.

My mom doesn't want to take me to a doctors just to go to another doctor.

bahhh i hate my dermotologist

they are so unsympathetic

all of them seem to have glowing skin so they'll never actually understand

they barely communicate with you & i just feel like another number when i see mine

never feel like they actually care they just write me a prescription and hardly talk.

:(

Yeah mine just tells me a story about how his wife got cleared up by this antibiotic and then prescribes me it.

I've been prescribed three, and I think he's told me his wife was cleared up by each one. lol

I don't even have a Derm.

My mother is the type of person who procrastinates. She says she'll do something, then puts it off. She told me she'd look up a derm and make an appointment for me... fast forward the next day, she doesn't say anything about it; fast forward the next month, still nothing.

:shrug:

I suppose I should bring it up, but to be frank I'm embarrassed and nervous. I feel scared being alone with people, even my parents, and opening up.

I HATE the words pimple and zit, etc. I was going to even make a thread about it a long time ago to see if I was alone on this or not :lol: Glad to know I'm not.

You should bring it up. I mean, nothing bad can really come out of bringing it up, right?

I used to be shy about seeing the Derm, but then my acne started making me curious. So I like to pay attention to what he's saying and get involved as much as possible.

I hate my dermatologist. She's blunt and uncaring. I'm in Canada and don't have to pay to see her, so I guess she doesn't really care. Plus, she has bad skin herself...not acne, just a severe case of rosacea. I don't feel comfortable taking advice from her!!! And I am now in the process of finding a new dermatologist...I've already gone through two! Are there any good ones out there who have knowledge AND tact? Ugh.

Its hard to find a good derm these days since most of them are in it for the money.

My dermatologist actually had acne, so she's a little more sensitive about it.

Honestly, I'd rather have a derm with acne, because they can tell you what theyve tried,

and what has worked and what hasn't.

I really want to see a dermatologist but i swear from some of the feedback ive heard and seen its just useless ;(

I really want to see a dermatologist but i swear from some of the feedback ive heard and seen its just useless ;(

its not useless, you just have to keep looking for the right derm.

trust me, you'll be sooo happy once you find the best doctor for your condition.

I actually found my derm from a church bulletin! lol

Ohhh, I would go if I were you!

Because you could get an amazing dermatologist.

Even if you don't, it's not like going will hurt you any.

I am sorry that most of you don't like your derms....I don't want to seem rude or anything but I have to say that I love my dermatologist, she is one of the most caring and supporting people I know. I am really lucky I found her....actually, I am really glad that my friend recommended her. She always listens, answers questions, and tries to make you smile. She prescribed me Accutane (generic) and I could not be happier with the results, 6 months after my skin is completely clear and glowing. I wish I saw her earlier though, not just tried to cure my pimples with OTCs that made more damage to my skin than any good. I can't really thank her enough for saving not only my skin but also self-esteem. Then again, I live in Europe (Poland) so the health care system might be a bit different than in the US plus the insurance might be different too. Hope you all find a great dermatologist!

P.S. Camcorder, I am sure you will find a good derm soon! Keep on looking because, as there are many of them that look just for money, there is plenty of really good, caring ones...! It just takes time to find them!

Guest missyjean130

I start giggling when I say the word pimple..not because I think it's funny but it's just something I do when I'm embarrassed. I don't even like hearing the word "acne" it feels like an invisible icicle stabs into my heart.

Honestly, some derms are better at treating acne than others. Some take a real interest in helping acne patients and research beyond what their schooling has taught them. Others are more interested in cancer,etc etc.

I honestly wouldn't want to go to your derm ever lol, I know that they have tons of other patients on their list they have to visit that day,but they should be a bit more caring. I don't mind waiting in the room for a while if I get well taken care of...

Yeah, I think I'm going to try and get into this other derms office if I ever have to go to the hospital again.

I've noticed though, that the place I feel most comfortable in is the waiting room at the Dermatologist. Because the other people are there for some reason dealing with their skin as well! O:

I hate that the derm is expensive. I switched derms because we had to pay a bunch and her advice wasn't helping at all, she just prescribed me expensive shit. My new one gives me a bunch of samples and stuff, she should probly give me money because i refer people to her and they dump they're old derm lol.

I have pimple

I have acne

you have pimples

you have acne

the work pimples is longer therefore prolongs the excruciating reminder of our face disease