Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CelloIsLove

What do you imagine it being like when you're finally clear?

I think I will probably cry-big tears of joy, and finally being free of the burden of having acne. Of course, it's a process. Baby steps, you know? But I know there will be a time when I can find my freedom. Watching acne fade away, that's one thing. But waking up one day, and realizing that finally, after all the waiting, all the trials, all the treatments, all the tears, that you are finally clear? It almost seems too good to be possible. And I hope that I have scars, so that when I'm clear and people ask me what happened to my skin, I can say that I used to have acne. And they can think whatever they want to, but for me...

It will always be a reminder that, with faith, I am strong and anything is possible.

What will you do when you're clear?

:)

Having my mind free of thoughts about acne. Being able to eat things and do things without first thinking about my acne. Being able to go out in public and spend time with friends without feeling self-conscious. In other words, just living the normal life I took for granted when I was clear.

I'm clear and life's still the same. Well I get occasional zits! But it doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't get big :P

I've never thought about it. Not even once. I'm already in my 3rd year of University and my complexion is worse than even high school. You give me hope. I never realized there would be a time beyond pimples.

It is completely illogical that puberty persists in this fashion after you have fully developed. Goodness knows, if I have to live with pimples, I should at least grow a few inches taller.

It's just one less thing to worry about. Acne is a very annoying problem to have during your adult years. It's a relief once you're clear, but some members have said that living in fear of another breakout is almost as bad as having acne.

i really can't imagine this

i can't imagine not waking up 2 hours earlier just to try & make my face look presentable

i can't imagine never having to think before i say yes to any plans with friends

i can't imagine touching my face & not feeling bumps & being in pain

i would actually feel so amazing

life would just be all i've wanted it to be for the past 7 years

Oh I think life will be so much easier.. I don't have to constantly think about my skin.. I don't have to postpone any meetings.. I can go out whenever I feel like.. Live a normal life.. Make up for all those missed events.. Catch up with some old friends.. so many things actually... I'm 95% clear now but I want to get rid of the marks to get that clear feeling..

now that i am clear, it's pretty much what i imagined it to be: i spend WAYYY less time getting ready in the morning, way less time looking in the mirror, i'm not afraid of certain lighting, i'm more eager to go out...it's like a freedom. sometimes though i catch myself resorting back to old behaviors that may take awhile to get over...for example, last night, i was cooking dinner and my fiance came home. he came over and cornered me in the kitchen and stood like an inch away from my face..and wouldn't move! i couldn't make eye contact with him and i didn't want him that close to my face for some reason. i squirmed around and tried to get away. he was like 'oh no not this again!' but i just had to laugh because i knew it was silly..

leave the house without a stitch of makeup on, and meet new guys with my bare face!

I would be able to act like my true self in public. Before this I was always self conscious because I've been fat all my life and it just made me shy away. This year I started losing weight and started feeling a lot better about myself but then that's when the acne started coming more and more. Fix one problem, gain another.

I'm just starting to become clear :) In March I began using the regimen and now I have only mild breakouts about every 2 weeks that don't leave marks thankfully. I still have some red marks left from previous acne, but it isn't too noticeable. Although i'm acne free, I still don't feel good about my body.. I was happy for a while but now i'm beginning to stress over other parts of my body that I don't like so overall not too much has changed for me..

Guest missyjean130

When I got clear I just started obsessing over other things.

Albeit not as much as the former acne but still =P

Im just starting to get clear for the first time in years and Im ecstatic! I cant wait though till I dont have to think twice before going swimming with friends, working out, or just going out in genera because of my face. I think then makeup will be an option and not something that I have to carry everywhere with me just in case. It would be amazing to be one of those girls that looks pretty with no makeup and be comfortable around people like that!! Gahhhhh Im so excited :dance:

I kinda agree with you about the scar thing. I still have scars on my temples and in a way they make me feel good as they are a personal reminder to me of a long battle that I fought and won through my belief in myself and never giving up.

I wouldn't be the person I have become without the experience of severe acne.

Anyway one thing I've noticed since getting clear:

- I look at myself in the mirror FAR less (funny aint it?)

K

I have been suffering from body acne for years....If I were clear, I would buy clothes especially the sleeveless and tank top type because I won't have to hide my body any more. And I'll go to the beach to get a good long swim, I haven't taken off my clothes in the public since I was like 14...It must be amazing for my body to feel the sunshine! Oh my...this is too good to be true. just imagination can make me feel so good, hope these scenes won't be too far away from me!

P.S. I really like this topic!