Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jack4740

Red Lumps and scarring, input please

During my 2 year stint on of acne, which is disapearing 1 month into a course of accutane! :dance:, I have encountered many cyst like red lumps along with the usual pimple here and there, they still form white heads, but it's cyst like and they usually emerge as small red spots, then grow rapidly at an expendential rate over 3 days or so till they reach a point where they are painful to push on.

They stay like this for 3 to 4 days, then either form a white head or shrink in size or form a cushionly lump but it all ends in the same way, they usually shrink to their normal former size that the skin was before the acne (no lump)and leave a red mark which eventually fades in time.

Now I've never picked these, I just leave them disapear and I have never EVER once got scarring from them, only when I pick the white on top, and that's not even a big scar.

Now you know what your dealing with you can answer my question, If you leave the spot naturally disapear where does the sebum go?, Is it either formed into a whitehead and then when it's safe and non scarable it's released, or is it pushed out through the skin without the person knowing?

I think many people get scars from these type of spots becase they'd rather pop em than just leave their body deal with them.

I went on a course of Accutane about 3 years ago so I'm glad to hear it is working well for you.

I've had these spots you described before. Quite noticeably larger than your average pimple. Mine generally reach a peak in size and then just slowly shrink over the next few days, sometimes taking a week to completely disappear. I still follow the regimen to this day even though my acne is very mild but these big buggers seem to penetrate my defenses, haha!

I went on a course of Accutane about 3 years ago so I'm glad to hear it is working well for you.

I've had these spots you described before. Quite noticeably larger than your average pimple. Mine generally reach a peak in size and then just slowly shrink over the next few days, sometimes taking a week to completely disappear. I still follow the regimen to this day even though my acne is very mild but these big buggers seem to penetrate my defenses, haha!

LMFAO, Yes, it's very irritating when you wait a week for one to finally flatten (and thats not even fade away!) and then you feel a little red mark just by the side of it or on the other side of your face and you just know that it's going to be a big one!, ahh, hopefully if treatment works out I'll never get these again and only get the odd spot here and there like a normal person.

Good luck with the regime!