Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, i've been regularly browsing the boards since my acne started to pose as a problem way back in May and just started this acc cause i felt i needed some advice.

Now my problem is that i went to a derm and as much as how acclaimed he is, he failed to give me the cause of my acne except that it was inflammatory. After 10 short minutes, I was prescribed with Minocycline 100mg per day and Eryacne Gel 4%, and a followup 6 weeks later. Results weren't satisfactory, but were keeping my outbreaks in check (no exceptionally inflamed pustules). Went for the followup 3 weeks ago, was given another 2 months supply of Minocycline and Clindoxyl gel. Now i'm breaking out in small little pimples, like little papules. Also, i've noticed every little pimple that goes away leaves a mark, which makes my acne looks pretty much moderately severe.

Is it folliculitis or an allergy to clindoxyl gel? And isn't minocycline supposed to CLEAR my mild acne instead of giving me more problems? Been past the 8-12 weeks probation for it to work... Kinda at wits end, would like some advice, thanks mates

my derm gave me doxycycline and duac,extracting every two weeks and im now 90% clear...ask your derm about extracting your pimples..

It's impossible to find the cause of your acne, for most people it's just the growing up process, and for other older adults it's hormones and stress... But no Dr can ever find the root problem of acne.