Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THX

Best for large areas of shallow scarring?

Hey guys, I need some advice. My acne scars are a bit funky and are different than most people here. I do have 3-4 medium sized rolling scars, but the rest are tiny indentations that are widely scattered over my cheeks. They kinda look like enlarged pores in size (some smaller/larger), but have a visible bottom - they are only maybe.. 0.2-0.3mm deep. If I just had a couple it would not be a big deal, but I have dozens and some are so close together that they create what looks like linear scars and royally messed up texture. Heck, my left cheek is so battered that I have trouble finding healthy skin. I'm guessing they could be classified as mild ice picks?

I keep hearing that ice picks are difficult to treat. Are lasers (ie. fraxel) effective for these sort of scars if they are shallow? Or are they like larger ice picks and won't respond well to laser treatment?

Thanks.

Note: I tried retin-a but I failed to see any difference and the redness/peeling never lessened after months of use.

Hey guys, I need some advice. My acne scars are a bit funky and are different than most people here. I do have 3-4 medium sized rolling scars, but the rest are tiny indentations that are widely scattered over my cheeks. They kinda look like enlarged pores in size (some smaller/larger), but have a visible bottom - they are only maybe.. 0.2-0.3mm deep. If I just had a couple it would not be a big deal, but I have dozens and some are so close together that they create what looks like linear scars and royally messed up texture. Heck, my left cheek is so battered that I have trouble finding healthy skin. I'm guessing they could be classified as mild ice picks?

I keep hearing that ice picks are difficult to treat. Are lasers (ie. fraxel) effective for these sort of scars if they are shallow? Or are they like larger ice picks and won't respond well to laser treatment?

Thanks.

Note: I tried retin-a but I failed to see any difference and the redness/peeling never lessened after months of use.

look into tca cross, im about to try it for my ice picks.