Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been on Dan's Regimen for almost 2 months now and I am seeing good results. But...I have nasty red marks EVERYWHERE! I had pretty severe acne before starting the regime so I totally understand why I have red marks. But I've read that BP can prolong red marks. Is this true? And if so, should I stop applying BP at night and just use AHA to help the red marks go away? I am not fully clear yet and I still get a few pimples now and then, but its nothing bad at all. So is it safe for me to reduce the amount of BP I apply on a daily basis so I can start focusing on getting rid of my red marks (if BP does indeed prolong re marks that is)? What should I do?!

I know i posted here that bp does extend the life of hyperpigmentation, but apparently it doesn't.

I don't think it would, OP. Maybe your skin is just sensitive to it? I know BP only made my skin worse because it was so strong and made my skin really red and sensitive..

Well my derm had told me to apply BP all over the face.. It cleared me 100%.. But also made my previous marks look darker.. After few days I started applying BP as a spot treatment.. And my darker marks slowly started going back to their original color.. so in my case this is what it does...

Well my derm had told me to apply BP all over the face.. It cleared me 100%.. But also made my previous marks look darker.. After few days I started applying BP as a spot treatment.. And my darker marks slowly started going back to their original color.. so in my case this is what it does...

Last night I applied Dan's BP to only the affected areas of my skin, instead of all over my skin as I was doing before. Then I moisturized with Dan's AHA+. Sure enough, I woke up this morning with my red marks looking lighter than ever before! I am a firm believer in Dan's regimen and his BP, it truly does wonders. But I feel like any BP no matter how mild will extend the life of red marks. I am going to continue this spot treating experiment (unless I start breaking out again) and I will be sure to keep all of you posted.

Last night I applied Dan's BP to only the affected areas of my skin, instead of all over my skin as I was doing before. Then I moisturized with Dan's AHA+. Sure enough, I woke up this morning with my red marks looking lighter than ever before! I am a firm believer in Dan's regimen and his BP, it truly does wonders. But I feel like any BP no matter how mild will extend the life of red marks. I am going to continue this spot treating experiment (unless I start breaking out again) and I will be sure to keep all of you posted.

Yeah even I'm doing just the spot treatment and hoping not to have a break out.. wish u luck!!

Q: Does benzoyl peroxide prolong red marks after acne lesions have gone away?

A: I have found no empirical evidence on this topic. However, there have been a good amount of people who have posted about this on the messageboards. I have not seen benzoyl peroxide prolong red marks in the people I have personally coached through the Regimen. However, this does not mean it does not happen to some people. However, the topic is somewhat moot because the best treatment for red marks is prevention of acne. The prevention of acne thusly prevents future red marks from forming in the first place. And the best treatment we have for acne is benzoyl peroxide. So, while there may be a slight chance that benzoyl peroxide may prolong red marks in a few select individuals, when we look at long term red mark prevention, preventing acne in the first place takes precedence. My suggestion would be to get your skin cleared up completely with the Regimen and then practice patience as your red marks fade.

From Dan's FAQ.