Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletedaccount111

5 Month Course Completed!

It's kind of late for me to elaborate too much tonight, but I wanted to post to inform you all that I just finished my five month course of Claravis (40/40/40/60/60). Overall I am really pleased with the outcome. I definitely struggled with the decision whether or not to go on accutane, but in the end I have no regrets- other than not going on it sooner. I was on a moderate dosage, and navigated through the course with minimal complications or side effects.

I went ahead and attached a couple before/after pics for those that are curious. There are still some redmarks in there (particularly on the back), but they have been fading away, and I expect/hope that will continue now that i'm finally off the drug.

Oh, and not that I'm going to disappear from this site by any means, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you on this forum who have contributed their insight on accutane. This board was a tremendous resource for me, and my course was a lot easier because of it.

post-85848-1247547345_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247547373_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247548431_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247548455_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247547345_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247547373_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247548431_thumb.jpg

post-85848-1247548455_thumb.jpg

Wow! :clap:

Amazing results indeed! Congratulations.. Same as you I think this website is going to help me a lot, at least to know that i am not the only one struggling with this problem.. I just started my treatment on 20mgs/day a month ago and so far my acne has just gotten worse.. I hope that by the end of month 2 i will start seeing results, not lookng very promising on my side but seeing your results gives me hope.. My acne is not as bad as yours (when u had it) but still very persistent and annoying, i hope i can get similar results!

Cheers!

Thanks! After trying literally everything else, it is definitely a relief to have found something that treated my skin effectively. I was at a point where after struggling with acne on a daily basis for 10+ years, I really forgot what it was like to have clear skin.

The before pics were taken around dec 08/jan09 (a few weeks before i started my course), and pretty much represented the nadir of my acne experience. My skin was excessively oily, so I'm not naive enough to believe that I won't have more than my share of problems keeping it clear in the future. My hope though is that this course will make that effort a lot more manageable.

Oh wow congratulations. That back acne looks nasty and I am glad accutane cleared it for you! Hopefully it will banish acne from coming back.

Oh wow congratulations. That back acne looks nasty and I am glad accutane cleared it for you! Hopefully it will banish acne from coming back.

Yeah- not going to lie, the back acne was not a lot of fun to cohabitate with!

Hey man impressive results!...

Can you let me know how long it takes post tane for your lips to be back to normal?

Like not having to paste on the aquaphor every hour and not having loose skin on your lips all the time where when you rub them with a wash cloth you see the white skin clumps..?

Thanks

Hey man, nice results. I'm about to start month 3 of a 6th month course and my face is completely clear. My back.. not so much. It's helped but not that much of an improvement. I'm worried by the time i'm done with my course I'll still have back acne. When did your back begin to completely clear up?

amazing results man. It looks like you have really no scaring on your back.

Thats prolly because you had primarily inflamed zits and not cysts.

I had cysts so I have more scaring.

But awesome dude. Accutane sure is a miracle.

Can you let me know how long it takes post tane for your lips to be back to normal?

Like not having to paste on the aquaphor every hour and not having loose skin on your lips all the time where when you rub them with a wash cloth you see the white skin clumps..?

Thanks

Ha, will do. Although to be honest, I never really got the dry lips to that bad of an extent (relative to others). I put blistex on about once or so a day, and that is pretty much it. I do get the loose/peeling lip skin though, so I probably am not doing it as frequently as i should... Prior to accutane though, I had never applied a chapstick or anything, so maybe it is less likely for me.

Hey man, nice results. I'm about to start month 3 of a 6th month course and my face is completely clear. My back.. not so much. It's helped but not that much of an improvement. I'm worried by the time i'm done with my course I'll still have back acne. When did your back begin to completely clear up?

Don't worry- I had the same exact fear at a similar point in my course. The face cleared up right away, but the back was a bit more stubborn. I think month 3 was when I started seeing good progress. The active stuff cleared up, but there were still a ton of redmarks.

As far as not seeing much of an improvement, one thing I will say is that unless you took pictures at the beginning, you may not realize how much progress you have made. This was definitely the case for me.

amazing results man. It looks like you have really no scaring on your back.

Thats prolly because you had primarily inflamed zits and not cysts.

I had cysts so I have more scaring.

But awesome dude. Accutane sure is a miracle.

Thanks. And yeah, I thought there would be more scarring too to be honest. There are obviously some areas where there is scarring, but i'm more than happy to trade that for clear skin.

Thanks

Hey. I have been off tane for 7 weeks now and my lips are just starting to go back to normal. I only really need to apply twice a day now. I had a really bad time with my lips, I even went two days without eating because they were so sore :-(. The end results are definately worth it though!!

Hey man, how long did it take to clear your face up? Any bad face breakouts or not too bad?

It took about 2 months for the face to clear up, though there were still the obvious redmarks. I'm not sure what you are asking about any bad face breakouts, so I'll say this: I had them before accutane, but I haven't had them after.