Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rich w

how much moisturiser

Hi, ive only been on the regimen for four days so wanted to ask a question to some of you peeps who have had more experience on it. My skin is generally oily. After a few hours of washing it becomes greasy. So what you recomend as far as amount of moisturiser to use? I find i only need a bit to take the dryness away. However is it the fact that i up until now have been washing to much! So my skin is compensating by producing excess oil???? If i use a generous amount of moisturiser will it actually help create a better natural balance in my skin? Or will using to much moisturiser cause my skin to become doubly oily and create a worse problem? Cheers in advance. :dance:

The amount of moisturizer needed will just depend on the individual. In the beginning, it's best to err on the side of caution and use more than you think you will need. After your skin has fully adjusted to the full amount of bp, if you aren't dry then you can use less.

If you have dry skin, you may need to use as much moisturizer as you do bp. If you are oily though and not dry or flaky, a few pea-sized blobs may be all that you need. Play around with it and find your ideal amount.

Is it bad to not use any moisturizer at all? Right now I am about 6 weeks in and im using AHA+ every other night and just a few drops of jojoba oil during the day..This for the most part keeps the flakes away. I have tried using dans moisturizer but my skin seems to get really red whenever i use it.. Is there anyone out there that just doesn't need moisturizer after a while from their skin just getting use to the BP? Or is it just really bad for the skin to not use any moisturizer with all that BP?

Use enough to point where you're not dried out. Apply little by little and then look at your face. If it needs more, apply more. Don't overdo it, because that could make it even worse I think.