Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zizek

showing and dan's regimen

Maybe i'm overthinking this, but my I'm not sure how best to structure my day around the regimen. When do you guys do your regimen in relation to when you take a shower? If I do the regimen in the morning, then when i work out in the afternoon I have to take a shower, which makes me fear that the stuff will wash off. If I do the regimen before going to bed, then I'm afraid that the BP will interact with the Tazorac that my dermotologist prescribed me. That and it's just hassle having to put a million different things on at once (however if that's what you guys reccomend, then i'll put up with it). (However, i'm not going to get off Tazorac, I'm pretty confident I need to do Tazorac and the Regimen, otherwise i'll get serious acne again).

What thoughts do you guys have?

As always, i really appreciate all the help and support from the acne.org community!

-Zizek.

Maybe i'm overthinking this, but my I'm not sure how best to structure my day around the regimen. When do you guys do your regimen in relation to when you take a shower? If I do the regimen in the morning, then when i work out in the afternoon I have to take a shower, which makes me fear that the stuff will wash off. If I do the regimen before going to bed, then I'm afraid that the BP will interact with the Tazorac that my dermotologist prescribed me. That and it's just hassle having to put a million different things on at once (however if that's what you guys reccomend, then i'll put up with it). (However, i'm not going to get off Tazorac, I'm pretty confident I need to do Tazorac and the Regimen, otherwise i'll get serious acne again).

What thoughts do you guys have?

As always, i really appreciate all the help and support from the acne.org community!

-Zizek.

Well, Ideally, the regimen is to be done 8-12 hours apart. So what I do, is I do the regimen as soon as I wake up in the morning. Then around 8 or 10 o'clock PM, I take a shower and do the regimen again. However, it is possible to take a shower without washing the regimen off, just don't let water touch your face.

Also, I'm sure the benzoyl peroxide wont interfer with the Tazorac. I was going to suggest you drop that, but if you really believe it helps, just use it along side the regimen.

Just a side note, Dan DOES state that its best to do the regimen as followed and leave any other medication out until you are cleared up. Too many variables makes it hard to figure out where your going wrong.

I agree with razor, you should really drop the Tazorac. That plus BP could wind up being overly irritating and that would make your acne worse. If you absolutely must continue to use it, however, only use one or the other once a day, say BP in the A.M. and Tazorac in the P.M.