Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do u ever try to hide from the fact that ur skin is really bad?

This morning i felt good about myself. I did my hair well and then i put on some good looking close. I look into the mirror and i actually felt happy (normally i am too scared to look into the mirror). But when i was eating lunch at Burger King this girl (who is like 20something) came along and ask me am I alright and i said yes and then she start to ask me about my skin and i was think "omg is my skin that bad today?". I cant believe my skin was bad enough for a complete stranger to come and ask about it. My day was made even worse when i was in the shopping center and i heard this like 15 year old kid say to his friend "what happened to his face".

I really thought my skin was getting better. It really really thought it was. Im on accutane and my acne has really improved a lot but i still have scars... I really dont want to live anymore.

I have always been trying to hide some the truth. When i look in mirrors i always look in mirror where there is dark lighting. I dont dare look into for example any mirror on a car. If i look at it i think my whole day will b ruined right that instant. I am so sensitive about my skin. I guess what happened today just made me realise reality. Reality is my skin is still bad..

I hate when my skin looks good in my mirror at home, but then I'll look in the passenger side mirror in the car and it's like. Well. Crap. D:

But I try to live my acne prone life with positivity.

Looking forward to the day when I'm clear.

I mean. Now that I look back at it. I was at Warped Tour with thousands of people about three days ago. and I was the only one with bad face acne walking around. But I had an epic time, and even looking back at it I don't get feelings of low self esteem.

I did realize that a lot of people had bad body acne, but was ok with showing it off too.

Little kids are brutally honest, and so are strangers.

One good thing about acne though, is you can straighten the shallow people from the genuine people that you should get to know.

But I try to live my acne prone life with positivity.

Looking forward to the day when I'm clear.

Little kids are brutally honest, and so are strangers.

One good thing about acne though, is you can straighten the shallow people from the genuine people that you should get to know.

Thanks for the comment but I try to look forward to the day when i will have clear skin but it will never happen. The scars will stay forever.

I know that the people who made the comments today were not trying to b mean at all. I feel the kid was just curious and the strange felt sorry for me. I just feel really sad because they reveal the truth to me. I cant believe my skin is that bad. I cant believe my skin is bad to the point of someone feeling sry for me. I dont want to believe....

Every problem has a solution, Positivity is key!

And even if there wasn't a solution. It's flaws that make us human. Flaws are our own little something that the next person doesn't have. I'm not sure if you battled/are battling with acne, but I know when I only have scars on my face, I'm not going to look at them and feel down.

I'm going to look at them as a badge of honor, proof that I overcame a terrible struggle with acne, and came out as the winner.

But believe me, It does hurt when people say something. For Christmas I had cousins over, and this one cousin. He just kept throwing these comments out at me about my acne. Even the pills that I take for my acne he was like "what are these, You're birth control?" And it was on Christmas! I mean seriously. wtf!

Anyways, I guess the point of telling you the above story is to say that at least you have people concerned about your skin. Instead of having some doucher lay into you with insults.

Finally, Doctors are always at work on new products and methods for acne and scars. So they will make something for you. I mean, I'm positive that there is something out there you could do for your scars, you just haven't discovered it yet. The point is to keep looking.

I find that faith and hope goes a long way. You just have to have it, y'know?

I'm pretty much just like you, OP.

I do try to hide my face sometimes, but now I'm entering a stage where I feel like I don't have to. No, my acne hasn't subsided, but I just don't see the point. You are who you are, no need to hide it. Show the world. If they don't like you just for that one reason, you're already better than them. Who cares what a few people, out of millions, have to say about you?

when I was younger I used to try to. But years later the problem is still there, maybe getting worst and i'm too exhausted to try and hide from it because it doesn't help. No amount of make up great hair, great clothes camouflages the fact that your face's texture is liek a rocky mountain, so Instead now I think i'm going to try to resign myself to the fact that I have this disease. Other people don;t see it as a disease, they see it as a hygiene problem, but I know it;s a disease that can't always be controlled. So first I need to get that into my head and try to accept the fact that this might most likely be here for more years to come, if not forever :(

I am sorry that that happened to you, but what stuck out to me in this post is the fact that you are so easily persuaded that your skin looks bad and you are ugly. Don't let people hold power over you like that. It is your life, and who is to say you aren't attractive? Who says you can't love yourself, acne and all? You are the only person who can make that decision for yourself.

I used to do everything to avoid walking past people on the way to college, I'd put my hand over my face and lean against it as well to hide it but make it look like I was just using my hand for support.

I'd go 20 minutes out of my way if it meant taking a longer, but quieter route home...

My skin has gotten really clear (finally), although I still get monthly breakouts that try to pop up, and it seems like the mirror in my room always makes my face look perfect, but then the ones out in public hate me! I think it might be the floresent lighting or something.

As a girl, it's always a plus to look in different mirrors to see how your make-up is actually working well or a total fake and cakey look.

If your feeling good about your skin, don't let what other people say let you down. You should celebrate each day of improvements, even if it's minor. All the little improvements will lead you to be clear one day :D.