Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadacnegirl

Perhaps this could work for you.....

Quick breakdown here, I have had acne for about 12 years now, started when I was 18 and had my first child. Unfortunately, I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get rid of it, but to no avail. I do not drink soda or alcohol, I do not smoke, I very rarely eat foods that are fried or unhealthy, I do not wear make-up and I excercise regularly. I just had my 30th birthday the beginning of the year and decided I was going to do whatever it took to take care of this and feel good about myself, at this point I had developed really bad hyperpigmentation on my chin, cheeks and forehead as well as cystic acne, I was really depressed!! My husband is super, says I am beautiful and all of the different things I try are uneccesary, how sweet, right? But we all know that no matter what our spouses say, we see what we see, and feel what we feel.

I have tried EVERYTHING! Not to say anything about Dan's regimen, but it didn't work for me, or anything else for that matter, oral medication made me so sick to my stomach, I couldn't function.

My face is almost clear. I have NO hyperpigmentation either! Unfortunately, it is not just ONE thing that did it for me.

For my Hyperpigmentation, I started using Obagi on April 17th. After 1 month, there was a visible difference, you can't even tell that I had it now. If you do not have hyperpigmentation, you probably don't need this because it is a little pricey. It works great for the aging factor and age spots and hyperpigmentation though.

For my overall health and acne, I started taking vitamins and changed my diet even more.

Vitamins: NO Particular Brand

24000 IU of Vitamin A

Calcium with D

Super B Complex

Minerals

But it wasn't until I quit dairy that my face really changed.

Diet:

I had to stop dairy COMPLETELY! Absolutely nothing with dairy, if it says it contains milk, I can't eat it. I have had to transition to soy and non-dairy products. Fish and Chicken very little red meat. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. I LOVE food and cheese and I LOVE to cook and make new recipes, so this has been REALLY difficult for me, but I am doing it one day at a time. It seems like a steep price to pay for great skin, but I would rather be able to show my face anytime.

I would say that if your skin is similar to mine, give this a try. It is low cost compared to all of the things you have probably tried up to this point. If you have any questions, ask me, I will be more than happy to help in any way I can. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next week or so.