Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
josh987

An idea i have to deal with red marks + spots.

Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that properly prevents/clears spots for me, however i only have a few spots now, but if i dont apply benzoyl peroxide i will get more, but aswell as this i have a lot of red marks, which are my main probelm at the moment, so if i apply benzoyl peroxide to my face everywhere but directly on the red marks, as benzoyl peroxide prolongs red marks, would this help to get rid of my red marks, whilst to preventing acne, as i cant really get spots on red marks, can i?

Do you think this would work?

thanks

No I don't think that would work, in my experience BP is an inflammatory to my skin. Maybe you could use BP and then use some Bio Oil after it has soaked in to try and reduce the red marks? Manuka honey also have scar healing quality's and moisturizes at the same time.

Or, you could do what I do, and use mineral makeup, yes I know it sounds gay but i'de rather wear makeup than have red marks.

Try BP with a AHA Lotion like Neutrogena's Health Skin w/ AHA Lotion. This stuff stings a little as a first time user, so start with one pump and then two to not irritate your skin even more. The AHA will help improve your skin texture and your redmarks and scars will fade in time. It isn't dramatic results, but it is improvement than worse. If your skin still feels like it's not moisturized after the AHA lotion, top it off with a little Cetaphil or general lotion.

I found that after discovering AHA it keeps breakouts at bay for the most part, but BP is still needed since I have oily/combination skin and it won't cut it if I just use AHA :/ ... But for sure AHA prevents the 3 or so whiteheads I would get each morning. Now I rarely get whiteheads, only a few pimples one or two (most of the times none :) ) but I blame that on talking too long on the phone with my cheek smudging against the screen, and not enough sleep.

Once you clear up your inflammatory acne you migth want ot dump the BP and try SA.