Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leesett

I'm insured!!!!!!!

I just got an e-mail with my approval, thats right people I have health insurance. I'm so happy right now. Accutane here I come.

Its a good one, Blue Shield PPO, $93 a month, $30 copay Doc visits, $10 copay generic prescriptions and I'll have to pay 30% for lab work.

Now Im not sure how I'm going to do this, I have an appointment with my Derm tomorrow and I haven't received my insurance ID card. But according to the e-mail my insurance is effective as of June 30, 2009.

How do I get my Derm to bill my insurance for tomorrows visit without any information? If I pay cash you think my insurance will reimburse me?

I made the appointment with the intention of paying cash, I just couldn't wait to start the process of getting Accutane, as I know I would have to wait a month before I can actually start. I didn't know how long it would take for my insurance to kick in and I sooooo badly want this to be done with, hopefully with some major improvements by X-mas.

Yes, you can be reimbursed. You'll need to file a claim with your insurance company so keep your receipts. It may take a few weeks (or months), but if you're relentless you'll get some money back. Also, print out or save that e-mail from them stating the date your coverage went into effect just in case.

Call the insurance company's (800) number and ask them to give you your Group Policy #. If you give this to your derm's office they should be able to verify that you are insured right away.