Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sdmf

Cysts turning into blackheads?

In the last couple months I've gotten a few deep cysts on my face. The first one was on my nose. I felt it hurt at first for a while before I actually felt a bump. Then I eventually felt the cyst closer to the surface, but it never came to a head really. Instead it stopped hurting and the bump went down. The problem is it left what looks like a blackhead on my nose. That's been there since. Then a few weeks ago I felt a cyst on my cheek, except this one didn't really hurt at all. It only took a few days to go down, but again it left a little blackhead looking thing where it was (this one is harder to see but I can feel it if i run my finger over it.) When I woke up on Saturday I felt a very painful cyst in my cheek. It doesn't really hurt anymore and never came to a head, but it's still there under the skin.... a little smaller than like a pencil eraser. You can't really see the bump but the area around it is kind of tinted or brownish, and in certain lights the center area of it is kind of white/clearish (not like a head, more like a white center area). I'm assuming this will leave a blackhead like the other 2.

I have an appointment with the derm in a few weeks, but I'm impatient and trying to figure out what this is first. Is it normal for cysts to leave small blackheads? Will they go away? Is there anything I can do to make them go away?

Thanks